SAP NetWeaver Decision Service Management 1.0 Ramp-Up Process Starting Now
The Release to Customer of SAP NetWeaver Decision Service Management 1.0 is planned for July 31st 2012, which signals the beginning of the Ramp-Up process.
How you can cut down implementation times by 90% and still add more flexibility to your customers? SAP NetWeaver Decision Service Management will change forever the way how SAP standard and custom applications are implemented. Being available for ABAP-based releases starting with NetWeaver 640 it provides the technology to cut down project times by >90% through full empowerment of business experts for continuous decision optimization. SAP NetWeaver Decision Service Management stands for immediate ROI but also for many use cases that have never been possible before without any need for customers to upgrade their system landscape.
The Decision Service Manager (integral part of SAP NetWeaver Decision Service Management where you define and maintain your rules) allows for central definition of decision services that then are being deployed to and processed in managed systems (where your application resides for optimal execution performance).
- Decision Service Manager provides access to metadata, code and values (master data, customizing) to Managed Systems such as ECC or CRM for “local” modeling
- From the modeled service Decision Service Manager compiles an executable service on the Managed System for local execution
- The Managed System does not required upgrades, Decision Service Manager can be upgraded independently
Immediate Business Value / ROI
- Super-fast change cycles in the hand of the domain experts
- Analyze, Optimize, Implement; service execution testing, tracing, analytics
- No IT involvement, no downtime, planned service availability, test deployments to any number of systems
- Automated business decisions with full transparency for better decision quality
Highest deployment flexibility, fastest change cycle, best performance, lowest TCO
By participating in the Ramp-Up program, customers will be among the companies that will enjoy the benefits of first-mover advantages in their industry. Through SAP involvement in each Ramp-Up customer project, customers also benefits from the coordinated efforts of SAP Development, Quality Assurance and Service & Support teams, who in conjunction with the dedicated Ramp-Up team, will support the implementation and give priority attention to the project – resulting in successful implementations and very satisfied customers.
I will personally support ramp-up customers either onsite or remotely to ensure a fast and successfull go-live. Decision Service Management will be presented at TechEd in Las Vegas, Madrid and Bangalore. Watch out for the respective sessions. Get in touch with me for a demo!