Here are the steps to create prompt window in Xcelsius:
- Open the dashboard in which you want to add a prompt window.
2. Take a Background component on the canvas and make its size equal to the size of canvas so that it hides all other components on the dashboard.
3. Go to the properties window of the Background component, set its transparency approximately to 20% and select ‘Block Mouse Events’.
4. Now take a Panel Container and place it above the Background component.
5. Take Label, Input Text and Push Button component on the Panel Container.
6. Go to the properties window of the Push Button component and change its Label to OK. Similarly change label for Label component to Enter Title.
7. Under the properties window of the Input Text component, navigate to General -> data Insertion, check ‘Insert Data On Load’ and map Destination with Excel cell Sheet1!$B$8.
8. In the Object Browser window select Background component and Panel Container and group them.
9. Set Dynamic Visibility for the group so that Group Background component and Panel Container will be visible initially when we open the dashboard. Bind Status for group with Cell Sheet1!$B$9 and specify Key as 1. In the cell Sheet1!$B$9 enter default value 1.
10. Bind Destination of push button with cell Sheet1!$B$9. Now whenever user clicks on OK Push Button blank value is inserted into the cell cell Sheet1!$B$9 which will hide Background component and Panel Container.
11. Preview the dashboard, enter some value in the Input Text component and click the OK Push Button.
12. Notice that the value that we entered in the Input Text component gets inserted into the Excel cell Sheet1!$B$8 and appears as a Dashboard Title. (The excel cell Sheet1!$B$8 is mapped with the Dashboard Title Label component) We can pass this value to a live data connection prompt.
You can download sample dashboard (PromptWindowXcelsius.xlf and PromptWindowXcelsius.swf) from following link: