Yesterday I got th message internally that there is a new release of Java Connector (JCo) available.
Note 1671480 explains details, but for your convenience I copied the most important information, the fixes that have been achieved:
- A memory leak in the Java heap is recognized.
- A JCoException with the CPIC error message “client with wrong appc header version rejected” is thrown.
- An RfcGetException with message “Received a callback from the communication partner” was logged in the RFC error log file dev_jco_rfc.trc and maybe also some table parameters of a called Remote Function Module (RFM) are empty or do not contain the expected data.
- RFC logon attempts hang infinitely or take too long without being interrupted after 60 seconds or after the configured RFC connect timeout interval.
- Fields of type XSTRING contain one 0-byte value after setting a null-reference value into them.
- JCo trace information in JCoServer scenarios is missing when using a JCoServerRequestHandler instance (RFC request/response model).
- The properties ‘jco.session_timeout’ and ‘jco.session_timeout.check_interval’ cannot be set as Java system properties with the -D argument when starting the JVM.
- A Remote Function Call (RFC) with using Secure Network Communication (SNC) for encryption but without using the Single Sign On (SSO) mechanism for logon authentifaction is not possible.
- An RFC logon to an SAP ABAP backend system with external user identification data is not supported.
- An RFC logon to an SAP ABAP backend system fails with a JCoException and the error message “Select one of the installed languages” being thrown when using a logon language that is available in Unicode SAP systems only.
- The JCoDestinationMonitor interface is lacking an API for querying the number of threads that are currently waiting for a free connection.
Note 1077727 contains information about supported platforms and sources say that this soon should contain Java 7 and a couple of more operating systems.
Java Connector is available form SAP Service Marketplace Connectors where you have to follow the embarrassing path
-> SAP Java Connector
-> Tools & Services
-> Download SAP JCo Release 3.0
(embarrassing because this is still not directly linkable in 2012…)
This is down-loadable to customers only, you need Service -Marketplace access.