I was recently asked how to calculate the ROI after implementing a Mobile App and immediately thought of the less tangible part Prosumer Satisfaction.
I have mentioned in a previous article that to aid creation of Mobile Apps that the Enterprise needs, companies should be putting in place a regularly meeting group of specialized individuals… the MIC (Mobility Innovation Council).
As a recap think of the MIC is an Incubator or Ideas Lab powered by the CMoO (Chief Mobility Officer) along with the architects, developers and most importantly key stakeholders from the business users, aka Prosumers! The Prosumers are all Thought Leaders in their own rights and the self same users that want Amazing, Beautiful, Compelling and Always Available Mobile Apps that can streamline their business processes, transforming and increasing their effectiveness.
Another important task in this ideas lab is also to take feedback from previously created and deployed apps, placing enhancement requests etc back in the development cycle and to process the satisfaction level of the Prosumer in their company. This satisfaction level can effect future ideas and make the whole MIC more successful.
Identification of critical factors for Prosumer satisfaction…
- Ease of Use… Through great UX Design, following HIG of the deployment platform. Following Human Interface Guidelines, aids how your Mobile Application is perceived,learned and ultimately used.
- Ease of Data Collection, including the ability to collect new forms of data
- Ease of Data Presentation and ability to present in new ways
- Use of Context Sensitive Alerts and Interactions
- Increase Speed of existing Business Processes
- Reduction in Back Office Tasks
- Ability to access Data Anytime Anywhere
Satisfaction is ultimately a KPI that in turn helps to qualify ROI for a Mobility initiative in a company.
Please follow me on Twitter @ithain