Cross selling is sales practice where in retailers offer customers additional merchandise to which they are ordering, in an effort to increase sales volume. This is frequently the case in telephone mail order sales. For example ;- If a customer wants to buy a Pencil only but the retailer tries to sells him eraser, sharpener, etc, to increase his sales volume, then this process is known as Cross selling.
This is the concept by which the business can suggest combination material for ordered materials during sales order process by using condition technique concept.
The configuration settings are as follows:-
Menu path – In the IMG screen – Sales & distribution – Basic functions – Cross selling
1. Define the determination procedure for cross selling
- Create condition tables:- e.g – 501 – Material
- Maintain access sequence and assign the condition table to it.
- Define condition types:- e.g – C001 and assign Access sequence to it.
- Maintain procedure:- e.g – C00001 – Cross selling and assign condition type C001.
2.Maintain customer/document procedure for cross selling:-
- Define Customer procedure for cross selling:- e.g – B – Cross selling. Assign this customer procedure in the customer master(XD02/VD02), sales area data section, sales tab, PP cust. proc. as ‘B’ – cross selling.
- Define Document procedure for cross selling:- ‘B’ – Cross selling.
- Assign document procedure for cross selling to Sales document type:- Choose the sales doc type, e.g – OR and assign doc. proc. as ‘B’ – Cross selling.
3.Define and assign cross selling profile:-
- Define cross selling profile:- Here in the New entries we have to define the Key for cross selling profile, e.g – CS001 – Cross selling profile. And in the General Controls we have to specify the product proposal procedure:- e.g – A00002, Cross selling procedure – C0001, Pricing procedure:- ZPrice. Dialogues for cross selling indicator:- #1 – ‘A’ – dialogue box appears only on request(at order after entering customer).
# 2 – ‘Blank’ – dialogue box appears only on request and after data is released.
and finally we have to check the Cross selling ATP indicator to carry out ATP check on cross selling items. Then we will Save it & go back.
- Assign cross selling Profile:- Here in the new entries we will maintain a table:- Sales area + Cross selling Customer procedure + Cross selling Document procedure + Cross selling profile.
Lastly, We have to create the condition records:-
Easy access – Logistics – Sales & distribution – Master Data – Products – Cross Selling – Create(VB41):- Specify material determination type, e.g – C001 and maintain condition records.
Select condition record, Click on alternative materials and list out all the materials that can be suggested as a combination material. Save it & go back.
We will raise a Sales order(VA01), specify the ordered material and can check the cross selling effect.
The item category determination(VOV4) should be made as:- OR + NORM + CSEL + TAN = TAN.