How to pass parameters to BI Web Service (BIWS) from Xcelsius
- Launch Webi Rich Client, select Universe as a document source and click on Next.
2. Select the desired universe from the list of available universes and click on OK.
3. Drag City to Result Objects pane and State to Query Filters pane.
4. Change State filter to ‘Equal to’.
5. Make State filter as Prompt.
6. Click on Run Query
7. Select prompt value and click on Run Query.
8. Notice the query result.
9. Now export the Web Intelligence Report to CMS.
10. Right click on the block and select Publish Block.
11. Click on Next.
12. Make sure Enter State is checked and click on Next. This is the prompt for our BIWS.
13. Now enter the name and click on Set Filters.
14. Uncheck City and click on OK.
15. Click on Next.
16. Select a location to save Web Service and click on Create.
17. Enter Web service name and click on OK.
18. Test2 web service is created successfully.
19. Click on Finish.
20. Now select Show BI Services from the right top corner.
21. Notice that the Web Service Publisher window appears.
Note: WSDL URL is the url of the web service ‘Test2’ that we just created.
22. Now launch Query As A Web Service tool. Notice that Test2 BIWS is listed under QaaWS. Select Test2 and click on To Clipboard.
23. Launch Xcelsius designer, go to Data Manager and add new Query As A Web Service Connection. Paste the copied query in front of WSDL URL and click on Import button.
24. Bind query output with excel spreadsheet.
25. Bind query prompt with excel cell B1 and pass State value “DC” to the query.
26. Pass refresh= true to the query.
27. Go to Usage tab and check Refresh Before Components Are Loaded.
28. Take Spreadsheet table component on canvas and map its Display Data with query output in excel spreadsheet.
30. Preview the dashboard. Notice that the dashboard shows list of Cities for the State “DC”.