SAP DASHBOARD DESIGN COMPETITION 2012
All undergraduate students from tertiary institutions in Indonesia, Malaysia, The Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam are invited to participate in this competition. No prior IT or programming skills are needed. As long as you have an analytical mind and a passion to win, you can join in the challenge!
2012 THEME: THE BEST OF OLYMPIC GAMES
Each team is to create an interactive dashboard to analyse the Olympic Games results from 1996 to 2012. Contestants are free to decide what highlights to present on their dashboards, for eg, by country, region, sport or other interesting aspects of the games. Each team’s dashboard will be judged on its usefulness, usability, data quality and documentation.
Six finalist teams for each country will be shortlisted to present their dashboards at the Country Finals where the top three teams are rewarded with attractive cash prizes. An overall Southeast Asia champion will be selected amongst the country champions.
PRIZES TO BE WON:
Attractive cash prizes await the top 3 teams in each country
|Winner||Total cash prizes per team (USD)|
All participants will be issued a Certificate of Participation by SAP.
- Registration closing date: 1 Sep 2012
- Submission of dashboard entries deadline:30 Sep 2012
- Country Finals:1 to 15 Nov 2012
- Each team will consist of 2 members from the same institution.
- The dashboard must be built using SAP Crystal Dashboard Design software (free download).
- Each team must describe the purpose of the dashboard and the analysis it offers to viewers (in less than 100 words)
- The dashboard data can be found at official Olympics websites.Teams are allowed to use data from other reliable sources but they must be clearly acknowledged.
- All submissions must be in English.
- All submitted materials must be original materials created by the members of the team. If previously published contents are used, they must be properly attributed to the original author.
Each dashboard will be judged based on the following criteria:
Does the dashboard give users an insightful analysis on the data displayed?
Is the dashboard easy to use. Is the overall presentation attractive with right mix of colors, charts and images?
Is the data accurate? Is it formatted and structured properly?
Is the project well-documented and user manual easy to understand?
|Wow Factor for creativity and total user experience|
For details, please click judging criteria .
For general inquiries, please email Sap_contest@aseanevents.com or call +65 6586 7783.