STEPS TO LOAD MASTER DATA
SAP Accepts data in two formats only CSV AND ASCII
In this scenario we are loading master data, where our source system is a Flat file, as the data is coming from Flat file in CSV format
Note: Save the below given extract. When you are saving the data in flat file it should be saved as .CSV and type of file CSV.
IT RETAIL ADMINISTRATOR
REATAIL SALES MANAGER
RETAIL SALES MANAGER LONDON
NETWORK IT MANAGER
NETWORK IT ROUTER MANAGER
NETWORK IT ROUTER MANAGER LONDON
There are two types of data:
Transaction data: The data which changes frequently
Master data: The data which does not changes frequently
Master data is further classified into three types:
Texts are further classified in to
- Short texts
- Medium texts
- Long texts
Attributes are further classified in to
- Display attributes
- Navigation attributes.
Hierarchies are defined with
- Basic characteristics values
- Go to Infoprovider and create the Inforarea MANUDATALOADING
2. Now Go to Infoobjects and find the Infoprovider with the name MANUDATALOADING
3. Create InfoObject Catalouge for Characters and KeyFigures and activate them
Below given picture is when the Infoobjects catalogue are created.
4. Now create an INFOOBJECT of the name MANUEMP, check it and activate it.
5. As in this scenario we are loading master data texts for EMPLOYEE ID that means our Infoprovider type will be Infoobjects bearing master data characteristics i.e. (MANUEMP)
Note: Infoproviders are superordinate term of an object that are specifically used only for reporting and analysis purposes we have following types of infoproviders (DATA TARGET/DATA DESTINATION)
- INFOOBJECT BEARING MASTER DATA CHARACTERSTICS
- DATASTORE OBJECT
- AGGREGATION LEVEL
6. Right click Infoobjects (MANUEMP) , change go to tab master data texts and make sure you check the short texts, medium texts, long texts, and texts are language dependent. Check it and activate it.
7. Create Infoprovider: In this case our infoprovider is MANUEMP ( INFOOBEJCT BEARING MASTERDATA CHARACTERSTICS )
8. GO TO INFOAREA (MANUDATALOADING) RIGHT CLICK AND CHOOSE INSERT CHARACTERSTICS AS INFOPROVIDER input your technical name of infoobject (MANUEMP) here in this scenario it is employee id technical name
9. Now Go to infosources and create an application component (ADEMPLOYIDAPPCOMP). Application component is a place to organise infosources
10. Right click the application component (ADEMPLOYIDAPPCOMP) and then create infosource (ADEMPLOYIDINFOSRC) on that application component. In INFOSOURCE the name of the Infoobjects must match the infoobjects to load. Input all the objects in the same sequence as flat file structure and check it and activate it.
11. Now click on source systems (ADEMPLOYIDSS), right click on flat files create source system. Specify LOGICSYSTEM ANAME(technical name) AND SOURCE SYSTEM NAME(DESCRIPTION) and TYPE AND RELEASE (CHOOSE ORACLE) AND RIGHT CLICK check and activate it
12. DOUBLE CLICK ON THE SOURCE SYSTEM, WHICH WILL TAKE YOU TO THE DATASOURCES OR CAN FOLLOW BELOWSTEPS
13. When you scroll down you can find your application component and then right click on that create datasource and in that you can specify in general info all the descriptions. GO TO THE EXTRACTION TAB, choose adapter type : that data is coming in text format from local work station, then in that file name attach your flat file and no of rows to be ignored is 1 AND DATA FORMAT CHOOSE CSV, DATA SPERATOR CHOOSE(,). THEN GO TO PROPOSAL CLICK ON LOAD EXAMPLE DATA
14. NOW GO TO FIELDS CHOOSE NO AND INPUT ALL THE OBJECS IN THE SAME SEQUENCE OF FLAT FILE AND GO T O PREVIEW AND CHECK AND ACTIVATE AND CLICK ON PREVIEW TO SEE DATA.
Now from this point onwards, we will create transformations and load the master data
15. Go to datasource and right click on datasource, choose create transformation make sure you specify source as datasource (ADEMPLOYIDDS) and target as infosources (ADEMPLOYIDINFOSRC). Check and activate transformation.
16. Go to infosources (ADEMPLOYIDINFOSRC) and right click on infosources, choose create transformations make sure you specify source as infosources and target as infoprovider i.e. MANUEMP
17. Go to datasource, right click create infopackage (ADEMPLOYID INFOPACKAGE) and load the data to PSA, same like datasource steps and you can see data in PSA by clicking top monitor button.
EXTRACTON TAB FOLLOW THE SAME STEPS AS DATASOURCE
PROCESSIG (NOTHING TO DO)
UPDATE FULL UPDATE
SCHEDULE- CLICK ON START DATA LOAD
Once data has been loaded in to PSA you can see bottom of the page data was requested. On the top of the screen you can see monitor symbol. Click on that and you can see data has been loaded successfully in to PSA
If the request is green then data load is successful, Red means failed and yellow means it is still in staging process then click on refresh button until you see red or green.
Monitor tab has been divided Header, status and details
Header: all the information about data load
Status: all the stages of loads
Details: all the IDOCS
On the top of the screen you can find a button called PSA maintenance. Then you can see the data in PSA.
18. Go to datasource right click create DTP to bring the data from PSA to infoprovider make sure it is full or delta and check it and activate it click one execute button to bring the data to infoprovider. Once you click on execute button, system will prompt you to display monitor screen, Click on yes , which will take you to the monitor screen
Note: Every data load will have unique request id ex: 3656
THEN CHECK DATA LOAD IS SUCCESFULL
Click on top you can find data target administrator, the highlight request id and object name .click on contents. Click on execute button twice.
19. Right click on infoobjects choose maintain master data to see data or Choose TCODE RSDMD AND TYPE IN TECHNICAL NAME OF infoobjects for which you want to see data.
20. To check the data flow, go to Infoarea and right click on infoprovider choose data display (upwards and downwards) click continue.
List of Objects used:
- INFOAREA: MANUDATALOADING
- INFOOBJECT (Bearing Master Data Char): MANUEMP
- Application Component: ADEMPLOYIDAPPCOMP
- INFOOBJECT: MANUEMP
- INFOSOURCE: ADEMPLOYIDSS
- DATA SOURCES: ADEMPLOYIDDS
- INFOPACKAGE DESCRIPTION: ADEMPLOYID INFOPACKAGE
- DATA TRANSFER PROCEDURE: ADEMPLOYIDDS / ADEMPLOYID -> MANUEMP
Note: The next article would be loading the attributes and the transaction data. In case of any query, you can reach me at email@example.com
Author: Munish Dhall