Ongoing innovation, from a product, business, and process perspective, is an indispensable presumption for chemical companies to survive or even thrive in today’s challenging economy. Let’s look at innovation from the perspective of SAP’s five key categories: applications, mobile, analytics, cloud and database and technology. Add to these categories SAP’s recent acquisitions like Right Hemisphere, Syclo and Success Factors and many customers, partners and analyst have just one question: “How can I apply these new innovations to run my business better? Here are some key topics discussed in this regard at the recent Analyst Boot Camp at July 10 and 11 in Newtown Square/US:
- Process Safety and Stewardship – an end to end business process enhanced by analytics, mobility, HANA and cloud content.
- Business Platforms in the Cloud – the business value achievable by adding content (i.e. EHS or GTS), functions or integrated concepts
- Packaged ERP solutions in the cloud – rapid adoption at high speed and low risk at overall reduced total cost of ownership
- Addressing the aging workforce issue – rapidly ramping up the skill set of your employees through cloud based applications and visual models for plant operations and maintenance
- In memory technology as enabler for new concepts like non-linear project management or 2nd generation compliance engines
Are you encountering similar questions or concepts? Please feel free to share your ideas with us.