10 More BIG Data Movie Scenes
I loved Nic Smith ‘s recent post on Top 10 BIG Data Movie Scenes and was going to bombard him with other movie scenes. But instead of cluttering his comments with embedded videos, I decided to pull them into a blog post. Sorry to blatantly steal your idea Nic, but it was just too good!
I’m sure there are other fun movie examples out there. Let’s hear ’em.
10. Rain Man – Cruise and Hoffman go to Vegas.
9. War Games – The big computer plays lots of Tic-Tac-Toe and stops WWIII
8. Dark Knight – Batman taps into every cellphone in Gotham to find the Joker
7. Moneyball – A reminder that the phrase “facts don’t lie” is actually a lie. Numbers can absolutely lie…if you’re measuring the wrong things.
6. Amadeus – Given that music and mathematics are so intertwined, one could say that Mozart was processing quite a bit of data up there.
5. 21 – I suppose any number of gambling movies could work well here.
4. Iron Man – Tony Stark built this in a cave. Smart guy.
3. Real Genius – Val Kilmer’s finest role (sorry, Iceman).
2. The Empire Strikes Back – C3PO calculates the odds of surviving an asteroid field, but Han doesn’t want to hear it
1. This is Spinal Tap – Nigel Tufnel blows our minds with the power of a single number.
Learn about the latest BI innovations for BIG data and analytics on July 17, www.sap.com/analyticsforum
Great list! Love Val Kilmer in Real Genius, that's a great scene.
I'm pretty sure Martin Gillet will disagree on the "Val Kilmer" statement 🙂
Top-Gun all the way!