How to create Xcelsius Dashboard based of BI Web Service ( BIWS )
1. Launch Webi Rich Client, select Universe as a document source and click on Next.
2. Select the desired universe from the list of available universes and click on OK.
3. Drag State to Result Objects pane.
4. Click on Run Query.
5. The data is shown. Notice that the Webi block is created with one column.
6. Now export the Web Intelligence Report to CMS.
7. Now right click on the block and select Publish Block.
8. Click on Next.
9. Enter name and click on Next.
10. Highlight Web Services on BOE31 and click on Create.
11. Enter Web service name and click on OK.
12. Test1 web service is created successfully.
13. Click on Finish.
14. Now select Show BI Services from the right top corner.
15. Notice that the Web Service Publisher window appears.
Note: WSDL URL is the url of the web service ‘Test1’ that we just created.
16. Now launch Query As A Web Service tool. Notice that Test1 BIWS is listed under QaaWS. Select Test1 and click on To Clipboard.
17. Launch Xcelsius designer, go to Data Manager and add new Query As A Web Service Connection. Paste the copied query in front of WSDL URL and click on Import button.
18. Bind query output with excel spreadsheet.
19. Go to Usage tab and check Refresh Before Components Are Loaded.
20. Take Spreadsheet table component on canvas and map its Display Data with query output in excel spreadsheet.
21. Preview the dashboard.