Generally, users on the site are blocked when completing three unsuccessful authentication, the user Administrator is no exception.
This paper presents the steps to enter an emergency user (sap *) and to reassign the administrator password.
To enable the user sap * must be activated a property through ConfigTool and assign a password to that user.
1. Enter to instance host with the adm user. Ej. <SID>adm
2. Before starting the ConfigTool, stops the instance through stopsap command.
3. Start the ConfigTool located in / usr / sap / <SID> / J <xx> / j2ee/configtool
Run:. / Configtool.sh
Note that prior to export the display and start a client Xwindow, such as XManager.
Then the tool will appear.
5. Locate property com.sap.security.core.ume.service in the configuration tree on this path cluster_config/system/custom_global/services
This message is just to warn you that the nodes must be in shut down mode. Click Yes.
7. Double click over Propertysheet properties.
8. Locate ume.superadmin.activated and ume.superadmin.password properties
9. Double click on ume.superadmin.activated and set to TRUE. Press Apply custom.
10. Double click on ume.superadmin.password and set a password.
11. Press OK Button.
14. Back the SO console a start the instance.
15 Log in to http://<host>:5<instanceID>00/useradmin with user: sap* and the password assigned above.
Restart the Administrator’s password, log off, stop instance and repeat the steps above to set default values for properties ume.superadmin.activated and umesuperadmin.password. Start the instance.
16 Log in with Administrator User.
Comments are welcome