On the Bex Analyzer selection screen , when we create a variant , we have two options to select i.e; “Save as User Variant” and “Use as Default Variant”. We
will see in the below example how these are effectively used for a specific user requirement.
The user had a requirement to mandatory restrict specific Purchase Orgs to be displayed on the report result and also a option to further restrict based on
the geographical area.
There are several ways of doing this. We can set as a default values or restrict it in the query designer.
We gave the following solution to the user.
- Bex Analyzer Selection Screen.
- Click on the “Save as” icon. As highlighted below click the “Use as default Variant”. Please note this variant will be globally visible to all the users.
- A default Variant “Capex Pur Groups” is set which restricts the PUR Groups that you requested. You can modify the Period From/To as required and execute.
- If the users, wants to see only specific PUR groups, then users can create their specific local variants as shown in the below screen:
- Please note, as seen below, The Variant “Capex Pur Groups” created by support team is available globally to all users. The variant “Arnhem users” created by the user is available only to his ID.