SRM is capable of …..
Ok guys….this is not a question but just an informative entry. I recently got a task to investigate the functional abilities of SRM Supplier Relationship Management.
After much investigation and i will share the links here….i got to conclusion, which was affirmed by the SRM Godfather SamaKrishna P.
Sourcing/CLM and SRM are 2 different products. CLM has its own strengths which compliment SRM strengths e.g. Legal contract creation collaboratively (i.e. contract word document creation).
Pl go through the SAP Online help or service.sap.com pages for SRM and SAP Sourcing to know more.
1. – SRM can create contracts from RFx within SRM. For this CLM is not required. You might want to use CLM for large contracts where contract document creation also require good efforts. If you are just creating operational contracts, you will not need CLM.
2. – SRM supports services
3. – SRM supports material masters
4. – SRM supports outline agreements. They are called Central contracts in SRM.
Being a newbie to SRM world, I spent much time and understanding the meaning of these services, items n so on
Heres the explanation for them
– Items…..tangible material with weight, physical existance, size
– services ….intangible material e:g; digging the ground, civil services etc:
Here are some of the links that supports the idea
The above link is great to understand the ins and outs of SRM unless you are not lost in abbreviations. so be prepared for them : )