- two new customer testimonials
- a new movie on Portal on smartphone
- our most successful blog
- SCN news in the Portal space area
- interesting new SCN blogs
I. Customer Testimonials
Watch the two new best-run stories of SAP NetWeaver Portal customers on SAP.com:
- Listen to the testimonial of Procter&Gamble and learn how SAP NetWeaver Portal simplified the user experience and access to business applications for employees, customers and suppliers in various ways. With SAP NetWeaver Portal this company implemented a large scalable platform on which they can deploy applications that are very user friendly and that provide a single point of access to their users.
- Learn from Vestas (the world’s largest manufacturer of wind turbines) how they developed their customer portal and how SAP NetWeaver Portal became the face of this company.
II. Movie “Portal on Smartphone” on YouTube
Watch this new YouTube movie on Portal on Smartphone. In the recorded demo, you can see a live system running on SAP NetWeaver Portal 7.3 SP7. The components used for this demo are:
- Portal On Device core capabilities: Home pages, Launcher, Search, logon \ logoff and the Toolbox – note that this capability is planned to be shipped to customers as part of the next support package (planned for Q4\2012)
- RSS iView readers (in the home pages) – custom development
- Workflow application consuming the items from the back-end system via SAP NetWeaver Gateway into an HTML5 based portal application – custom development
- Document list application retrieving documents stored in the SAP Knowledge Management (KM) – custom development
- Some addition reports and application that are not launched in the recorded demo
Join us also for TechEd 2012: we are planning several hands-on sessions for the Portal mobile capabilities.
III. Our Most Successful Blog
One of our most successful blogs (2684 views on June 26) is SAP NetWeaver Portal 7.3 – Top 10 lessons learned from ramp-up you should know before getting started! from our Portal Product Management expert Thomas Hensel.
In case you want to start your SAP NetWeaver Portal 7.3 project soon, and you are searching for valuable tips and tricks before you start – then this blog is a must for your project preparations.
This blogs covers in detail the following topics:
- Preparing your Portal 7.3 project
- Checking the Platform Availability
- Planning your portal landscape
- Installing your portal system
- What’s new in the Java server?
- Specific highlights from the new portal capabilities
- Running Business Packages for SAP NetWeaver Portal 7.3
- Migrating your custom applications
- The most important notes and links you should know
V. SCN News
Here are the latest changes for the Portal space on SCN:
- in the key topics area you find direct links to the newly created subspaces
- in the related resources area you find new links to the customer testimonials (see also news number I) and to a new SCN document giving an overview on partner offerings, interoperability with Microsoft and IBM and other interesting sources for partner information
VI. Interesting New Blogs
Developing a Mashup Scenario for SAP NetWeaver 7.3 by Roman Loshevsky from our Portal development team:
this blog describes how to develop a mashup scenario. This is a functionality which is implemented as part of the Web Page Composer in SAP NetWeaver Portal 7.3. It also contains a narrated demo scenario (movie) which shows data sharing between different technologies and sources.
How to add reference to SAP provided JARs in PDK, Web Dynpro JAVA on NWDS 7.3 by Sandip Agarwalla a Portal Solution Architect working for Accenture:
this blog shows how to reference external JAR files (provided by SAP) in WDJ/PDK project developed in NWDS 7.3 platform.