Due to many customer-specific requirements to have to record data in SAP, the result is very often the need to import data using batch input or direct input methods. For this purpose, the tool BS-S Interaction Framework© 1.0 Program Generator was created to generate in the shortest possible time complete data import processes, which allow you to take influence on a wide
basis of the data base or determine this. The preparation of the information which is necessary for generating the update program takes places via a transaction record with the SAP SHDB – Transaction Recorder. This data base can also be exported or imported from a target system in a development system and can be processed here. Then they recorded data on the development system can be recycled and assigned to the structures with the transaction /IAF/PGEN01 on a unique user interface and out of these e.g. an acquisition program can be generated or can be processed directly on production system via PGEN code processing. On the one hand, data from tables (e.g. Excel) with variable record lengths or data structures with fixed record lengths can be processed. On the other hand data can be provided or posted directly as interface data to PGEN function and services.
The BS-S Interaction Framework 1.0 Program Generator builds on the SAP transaction recorder and extends it to
the following action. Apply SAP standard tools, for example, all data from a file then the BS-S IAF PGEN can differ between relevant and irrelevant (fixed and variable) data. That means, even before the data acquisition data can be filtered and cleaned or changed. These properties are particularly interesting as the data transfer from Excel files, which cannot be processed enough flexible by SAP standard tools. Additionally to the standard you can integrate further structures and loops into the process. Further local templates (with fix format, variable format, with and without header records), which guarantee secure data transfer from workstation or server, are created by the Program Generator. Without programming and transport of objects additional data
transfer can be processed immediately after creation of PGEN program code, also on production system.
Advantages of BS-S IAF PGEN:
- creates out of records of the transaction recorder structured sequences of operations (up to 99).
- provides depending on the user type (developers or users) different generation options
- is as an independent user interface capable to generate complex ABAP programs
- can create dynamically executable program codes without the need for development programs
- creates in addition to migration programs, files as a template for complex data migrations
- provides to each import structure user exits for any further adjustments and rules
- generates on desire LSMW DX objects and structures for rules of the LSMW
- can process data with header information and allows variable field sequences
- provides in the case of direct recording dynamically generated error tables
- can process data acquisition without posting as simulation e.g. for error
- provides immediately available functions for interfaces to third party applications
- provides a general web service for SOAP connections
- is part of the BS-S Interaction Framework© as an interface to LSMW migration
- supports SAP Enjoy transactions e.g. MIGO
The customer benefit is not only in better predictability and cost
savings in multiple different areas. Above all, the safer, easier and faster application
of data transfers or providing of interfaces directly after generation of PGEN
code, as well as the program generation and the support of LSMW makes the
product. This accelerates the final realization by a substantial factor. Both
in small and large projects high quality, data security and reduced
implementation times are guaranteed, costs and expenses are reduced in comparison
with other approaches by a multiple.