I am sharing a strange scenario which our team faced few days back.
Scenario:We were transporting a BW request to production system, our request was having infoobject 0AEDAT and transport failed with an error message like “Object repaired in production system”. Normally in these cases we check if there is any request in production system which has a lock over that object. If YES then we release that request or delete that object from that request. After this your reimportwill be successfully. But what if the answer is NO, it means that object is not locked in any request in production system still your transport fails with repair message.
Analysis: We checked that objects attributes in RSA1->Transport Connection
Repair flag ensures that this object is in repair mode in Production system. You can check the same in table TADIR.
Cause: With a little brainstorming we come up with following reason: Person responsible for the change was deleted from the system without releasing the requests under his name and so the lock was not released from the object.
Solution: Repair flag need to be removed from production system for successful transport of object. We selected particular entry from TADIR table and removed repair flag through debugging. After that transport was successful.
*Changing a table entry through debugging is not a very recommended technique and should be used very rarely. One can write a program to do the changes.
Hope few of us are surely going to benefited from this.