Restrict No. of Rows in your Webi Table & Use Them Smartly to Display Blocks Input Selection
Just sharing this tip that is useful at times. You can restrict no of rows in your webi report tables as per your requirement. I used it for displaying the input selection values of a block on the top of my report as there were no of tables involved with input control defined for other tables and its not easy for the user to remember selections from all of them. As of now there is no known way to display your input control selections on a block in BOBJ 3.1. You can only display report filters provided as a standard function.
In our case we have two tables Tab1 & Tab2. Tab1 is showing month wise data. Tab1 is defined as input control for Tab2.Tab2 is showing dealer wise breakup for the selected month. Now user wants to see the selected month on the top of the report. Here are the steps:
1. Insert a table (Tab3) without a header on top of the report. Pass calendar month dim to it. Define input control from Tab1 to Tab3.
First it will look like this
2. Once you select a row from Tab1 it will restrict values in Tab3. Let say you selected Dec 2011, Tab3 will look as below:
3. Logically it will solve your purpose to show Input Selection of Tab1. But still its advisable to restrict it for a single row. Otherwise in some exceptional cases
if system assumes nothing is selected on Tab1 then all the values will be displayed on Tab3 and the table may overlap any below object.
4. To do that define a new variable Var1 with the formula: ” RunningCount([L01 Calendar Year/Month]) “. It will give serial no for all the records in the table as
5. Remove Var1 from Tab3 and restrict var1 in Report Filter on Tab3 with value as constant = 1.
Now Tab3 is restricted for 1 row any time and it will display selected dim from Tab1. One can use this trick to see input selections on other tables on report so that user will know at what drill level he is analyzing the data.