MRP Inventory Replenishment process
- Process starts in the (SAP) back-end with creation of purchase requisitions (PR) for a material master as a result from the MRP run or if the PR with the material master is manually created.
- If the right criteria are met, the PR will be send to SRM (main criteria are; PR must be released & right Purg. Group must be specified).
- Automatic sourcing in SRM based on the mapping tables (Material Master vs Vendor/ Vendor part number and sourcing data from catalog (Description, price, lead time etc)).
- Ordering will be based on the actual catalog prices.
MRO Stock items (warehouse on site).
Non-stock material masters linked to a Bill-of-Material to order directly from a vendorMRP.
Process Overview :
1. MRP checks the stock level of the materials.
2. PRs are automatically created for items with a low stock level.
3. The Planner reviews the generated PRs and decides which will be released.
4. System checks if PR is applicable for SRM.
5. The system checks if the mapping tables correspond and contain the necessary information for processing the PR.
6. The system automatically groups the PRs (PRs ready for ordering) and creates grouped Pos. This is batch job driven.
7. SRM transfers the POs to the vendor, according to the send schedule. SRM replicates the POs in the backend system.
8. The PO is created in the backend system (SAP).
9. In case the PR cannot be fully processed in SRM, the Planner needs to update the item information in the mapping tables. When updated, the planner resends the PR so it can be further processed in SRM.
Please see below the diagram which explains the above processs.