Seems how it took me all day amoung other things to figure out what an earth was going on with the initial SLD configuration for Solution Manager I have the resolution to the error I was getting below.
Failed to connect to SLD server evalsapapp01.test.internal:50100. Please check details.
HTTP status: 403 Forbidden
I knew I was getting a good connection because if I altered the port or address it gave me errors such as invalid user or service not found, only on port 50100 did it not give me the other errors and simply said access denied – in other words it was saying you dont have the permissions to access this resource.
I made three changes to Java in order for this to work.
1.) I installed JSDK1.4.2_19 and set the Java_Home environment variable to c:\jsdk1.4.2_19
2.) I entered into Java Visual Administrator, selected cluster, expanded out “Server” then “Services” then scrolled down to “Security Provider” then in the components window I selected “sap.com/com.sap.engine.services.webservices.tool*wsnavigator” , clicked on the “Security Roles” Tab then under the “Security Roles” selected “WSNavigatorRole”. From there I selected the edit button (Top Left – looks like a pencil) , under the mappings section clicked “Modify” then under “Security” selected “all” then Saved the results.
3.) Restarted Java
4.) I entered into Java Visual Administrator, selected cluster, expanded out “Server” then “Services” then scrolled down to “SLD Data Supplier” and under the “Runtime” tab I used the SLDDSUSER username as the default user for the SLD setup in solman_setup and entered into the password field the default password I had set during installation for all SAP accounts.
All working good now so hopefully if you come across the same error I did this fixes it for you also.