In this document I would like to explain the navigation steps required to implement the transports after they released in SAP BI system.
The transaction needed to impleement the transports in SAP systems is STMS — Transport Management System.
Whenever the transports are relased from DEV system these will be moved to the next systems based on transport path created.
You can check the transport path of your system using T-code: STMS_PATH — Display Transport Routes. If you find in netwrok style, click on “Goto” in menu bar and click on “Graphical Editor” then you can see same in nice view.
1) Enter the t-code : STMS and click on transport symbol as shown below.
2) Now in the below screen you can see the systems which are part of this transport route ( all Quality, testing and Production systems). Here double click on system in which you want to implement transports.
3) In the next screen we can see the the transports which are not implemented in “transport queue” and status as ‘Request is waiting to be imported”.
4) Select the transport which you want to implement (mouse click on that or F9) and click on transport sysmbol.
5) Now you will get new screen with 3 tabs ‘Date’, ‘Execution’ and ‘Options’.
Date: Here we can implement the transport immediately or can Schedule for later Import like scheduling of Process Chains in SAP BI.
Execution: Here we can check whether transport has to run in synchrnous mode or asynchronous mode.
Note: Select “Asynchronous” here.
Option: We need to select options in this tabe based on client requirement.
General options need to check is last one and uncheck first one. That means we don’t want to keep the tranport in queue after it got implemented ( we can see the same in History) and informing system not to check the log in previous system.
Uncheck the first option and select the last option.
6) Once the above options are selected click on ‘ok’ then system starts implemeting transport and we can see the transport sybol for that request.
7) Click on Refesh or press F5 to get the lastest status of transport request. Once the transport got completed we will get tick mark inplace of transport symbol and RC (return code) for the same.
8) If you want to check the log transport, double click on RC (Retrun Code). You will get the below screen with the steps excuted as part of transportation.
Note: Steps are depend on the type of objects we have in transport request.
RC0 and RC4 ignorable in SAP system. If we have any RC8 then we need to check the log and should correct it.
Main activities of transports are perfromed as part of ‘Method Execution’ step and we can monitor the same step while the transport is importing with job ‘RDDEXECL’ in SM37.
Hope this helps for the SAP BI guys who need exposure on transport implementation steps.. 🙂