Next week the new support package 5 for SAP Solution Manager 7.1 is supposed to be shipped. All existing Business Process Monitoring and Business Process Analytics customers might be surprised when they enter the setup environment after the support package implementation. The setup environment was completely renewed. You will now find a Web Dynpro application in which you can actually maintain confguration across all solutions (if you have corresponding authorization). Within the navigation tree the structure below the solution remained the same (Business Scenario > Business Process > Step).
With this new setup environment there also come a few new features, e.g. it is now possible to generate and activate monitoring for single monitoring objects while in former times you always had to generate and activate an entire business process. You can also see the individual status whether a monitoring object is activated or not. If you switch-on monitoring for background jobs that are documented within the SAP Solution Manager then you can also find the assigned Job Documents in a separate tab strip. Another tab strip can contain Monitoring Requirements, i.e. requirements that have been previously maintained in the SAP Solution Manager CRM (transaction type SMOR).
The last entry in the screenshot above shows the new “Monitoring Object List”. This list allows the search for all monitoring objects according to certain criteria, e.g. all monitoring objects belonging to a certain business process. Within the result list you can perform mass maintenance (generating, activating, changing schedules).
Frequently Asked Questions about Business Process Monitoring and Business Process Analytics are answered at http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/FAQ+Business+Process+Monitoring and http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/FAQ+Business+Process+Analytics respectively.
The following blogs (in chronological order) provide further details about Business Process Monitoring functionalities within the SAP Solution Manager.
- New Business Process Monitoring functionalities in SAP Solution Manager – ALE / IDoc Monitoring
- New Business Process Monitoring functionalities in SAP Solution Manager – qRFC Monitoring
- New Business Process Monitoring Functionalities in SAP Solution Manager – functionalities For Inconsistencies in SAP Solution Manager
- SAP Business Process Monitoring within SAP Solution Manager
- New Business Process Monitoring functionalities in SAP Solution Manager – BPMon Trend Analysis Reporting
- Best Practice: Business Process Monitoring for Manufacturing
- Best Practice: Business Process Monitoring for Procure to Pay
- Best Practice: Business Process Monitoring for Order to Cash
- Functional Scope of Business Process Monitoring in SAP Solution Manager
- Business Process Monitoring – Template configuration available for download
- FAQs about Business Process Monitoring
- Typical Use Cases for Business Process Monitoring in SAP Solution Manager
- New Business Process Monitoring functionalities in SAP Solution Manager – Customer Exit
- New key figure catalog for Business Process Monitoring available
- Why SAP offers different tools for Business Process Monitoring & Business Process Optimization
- Create your own auto-reaction messages in Business Process Monitoring via BAdI exit
- Protect your SAP ERP investment & improve your core business processes
- Refresh Solution Landscape cache for Business Process Operation Work Center
- Create your own customer-specific key figure for Business Process Monitoring within 5 minutes
- Best Practice: BW Process Chain monitoring with SAP Solution Manager – Part 1
- Best Practice: BW Process Chain monitoring with SAP Solution Manager – Part 2: Setup Example
- New key figures for Business Process Monitoring in SAP Solution Manager, especially for CRM Marketing
- New functionality “Business Process Analytics” – how to improve your business processes
- New key figures for Business Process Monitoring in SAP Solution Manager, especially Lead Time measurements
- Traditional Business KPI approach vs Business Process Monitoring
- Systematic errors vs real exceptions or improving efficiency vs effectiveness
- Before you get started with SAP HANA…you should also consider cleaning-up your backend system first
- Best Practice: Business Process Monitoring for CRM Sales
- SAP Business Process Operations Extensions at SAP TechEd 2011
- Business Process Operations dashboards – ALL AT A GLANCE
- Customer testimonials on Business Process Analytics
- Customer Exit: Create your own key figures for BPMon AND Business Process Analytics