With the enforcement of German legislation, companies are now required to have a confirmation of arrival or proof of export (Gelangensbestätigung 17c UStDV) for all inter-community and export (non-EU) shipments to justify the application of zero VAT (Umsatzsteuer-Durchführungsverordnung) towards their customer’s invoices.
This confirmation could be (but not excluding) in the form of
- Customer signed copy of the delivery note, airway bills or freight forwarder certifications.
- Custom export stamp for deliveries leaving the EU
- Confirmation from a external system, for example the Electronic ATLAS export statement.
- A customer sign-off of a list of deliveries that was shipped to the customer.
In order to efficiently address this legislation, the following processes must be in place:-
- Capture and archive the confirmation of arrival. The document should be accessible if and when requested as part of an audit.
- Capture in SAP that the confirmation of arrival has been received along with the time and date of arrival.
- Track and close deliveries where the confirmation of arrival is missing for further investigation.
- List all deliveries that are relevant for confirm of arrival.
While the current SAP solution can be used to address some of this legislation, the following enhancements should be considered to make the process manageable.
- Custom report to list, track and update deliveries with this information. The report should have the functionality to update deliveries en mass.
- An interface that will update deliveries with the information. This would allow external systems to indicate if the confirmation exist for a delivery.
Note : As this solution stores the actual date and time of when a delivery arrives, the data can also be used to track the performance(KPI) of the supply chain in delivering on time.
Both of these enhancements can be found at www.nadiasuraya.ee