It’s Time to Rock with 3 Doors Down at SAP TechEd Las Vegas!
“That would be awesome, Chip! I’ve seen them live before, a few times. Very stoked!” That was SAP Mentor David Hull‘s reaction last week when I mentioned we booked 3 Doors Down for TechEd Las Vegas.
Very stoked, indeed!
3 Doors Down had their first hit “Kryptonite” from their 2000 debut album The Better Life that stayed on the Billboard charts for an amazing 52 weeks. Since then they’ve sold over 20 million albums, and kept a non-stop touring schedule playing to audiences around the world. They have an active Facebook page (check it out!) with over 3.5 million fans and over 170 million views of their videos on Vevo,
They’ve reigned as a powerful force, with rock ‘n roll’s most earnest work ethic. “The thoroughly modern American band” – says Billboard, one part swagger / one part tireless road warriors, brandishing an arsenal of battle-tested radio hits.
The band’s second album, Away from the Sun, (2002) debuted at #8 on the Billboard 200 chart and went multi-platinum. They toured extensively for two years then released their third album, Seventeen Days, in 2005. The album debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200 chart and went platinum in its first month. Their fourth album titled 3 Doors Down, also launched at #1 on the Billboard 200 chart with hits like Citizen Soldier, It’s Not My Time,Let Me Be Myself, and Your Arms Feel Like Home. This hard-working band is performing more than 300 concerts this year for their fifth album Time of My Life that debuted at #3 on the Billboard 200 last year.
3 Doors Down has a heavy following on social media including 3.5 million fans on Facebook, over 170 million views on YouTube/Vevo, over 30 million views on MySpace, 60,000 followers on Twitter. Here are some links if you want to follow the band and get pumped up for the concert:
- 3 Doors Down on Facebook, Twitter, Wikipedia, and Billboard
- On Twitter you’ll also find band members Brad Arnold @Brad3DD, Chris Henderson @Chris3DD, and Todd Harrell @ToddH3DD
- 3 Doors Down Official Website
- 3 Doors Down on iTunes
Here are some great 3 Doors Down videos on Youtube/Vevo — and check out the embedded videos at the bottom:
- Here Without You (58 million views)
- Kryptonite (32 million views)
- It’s Not My Time (22 million views)
- Landing in London (8 million views)
- When I’m Gone (10 million views)
- Away From The Sun (6 million views)
- When You’re Young (3 million views)
- Be Like That (3 million views)
- Let Me Be Myself (4 million views)
- Every Time You Go (Great collection of live shows)
- Your Arms Feel Like Home (Unplugged session in HD video)
- Every Time You Go (Live on the Late Late Show, Jan, 2012)
- Here Without You (Dick Clark’s New Years Rockin Eve, 2004)
3 Doors Down started their own charity, The Better Life Foundation, which has raised nearly 3 million dollars in donations for children’s organizations along the Mississippi Coast. 3 Doors Down was among the first to step in to aid Hurricane Katrina victims. Lead singer Brad Arnold said “We love the hands-on stuff. We consider all the great work done in the name of the foundation as an extension of our family. We have the greatest fans in the world who really care about their neighbors, and we have a great staff and team who go above and beyond to touch the lives of kids and others who may really need a helping hand.”
We’ve had fantastic concerts at Tech Ed and this year will be no different – but with a bit more testosterone to really rock the house. This will be fun!
Mark your calendars! Or what the heck, just go ahead and get registered for SAP TechEd Las Vegas! See you there!