SAP NetWeaver Portal On Device – SAPPHIRE-NOW Recap
Dear SAPPHIRE attendees (and those who couldn’t make it this year…),
I would like to share with you some of the demos and highlights we showed two weeks ago at the SAPPHIRE-NOW conference about Portal On Device – consuming your SAP NetWeaver Portal on mobile devices.
As you probably already know, with the release of SAP NetWeaver Portal 7.30 SP7, the first out-of-the-box offering for consuming your SAP NetWeaver Portal on mobile devices was officially released. This includes two main aspects:
- End user – new out-of-the-box framework page designed for smartphone devices
- Administration – administrative wizards to configure the mobile iViews, pages, roles, device groups,…
In the recorded demo below, you can see a live system running on SAP NetWeaver Portal 7.30 SP7. The components used for this demo are:
- Portal On Device core capabilities:
- Home pages
- logon \ logoff
- Toolbox – note that this capability is planned to be shipped to customers as part of the next SP (planned for Q4\2012)
- RSS iView readers (in the home pages) – custom development
- Workflow application consuming the items from the back-end system via SAP NetWeaver Gateway into an HTML5 based portal application – custom development
- Document list application retrieving documents stored in the SAP Knowledge Management (KM) – custom development
- Some addition reports and application that are not launched in the recorded demo
Disclaimer: please note that the applications shown above (RSS reader, Document explorer, Workflow) are demo applications used for demo purposes alone.
During SAPPHIRE we also shared with the audience a sneak preview of the tablet implementation planned to be released by Q4\2012. I will share this recorded demo later on, closer to the release of this enhancement.
See you all at TechEd, where we are planning several hands-on sessions for these exact capabilities.