I’m writing this blog with my distribution-industry hat on.
I had the opportunity to attend SAPPHIRE NOW event in Orlando in mid-May. This customer event in my opinion provided something for every industry executive and line-of-business manager to chew on. I’ve carefully whittled down my list to a top-10 list, out of 1,659 different content touch points available – which would normally take someone 36 days to consume!
You can watch my top-10 playlist during your lunch hour over the coming weeks either in the solitude of your office or like some executives do – watch it together with your team and then discuss your way-forward strategy.
- Bold Vision and Brilliant Execution of a Solutions Distribution Strategy – Data, timing, and chargeback accuracy is critical for Avnet Technology Solutions, one of the world’s largest electronics distributors, to accelerate success from the middle of the distribution supply chain. This session focuses on why Avnet implemented the SAP Paybacks and Chargebacks application by Vistex to positively impact operational results. http://www.sapvirtualevents.com/sapphirenow/sessiondetails.aspx?sId=2328
- Strategic Customer Stratification at Graybar: Powered by SAP HANA – Hear how Graybar is implementing a best-practices customer stratification project based on profitability, buying power, loyalty, and cost to serve. Learn about Graybar’s field sales strategies for these customers and its experience as an SAP co-innovation partner on customer analytics powered by the SAP HANA platform. http://www.sapvirtualevents.com/sapphirenow/sessiondetails.aspx?sId=2371
- Distribution Leader Grainger Grows with SAP Extended Warehouse Management – Learn how a leading supplier of maintenance, repair, and operating products is transforming its distribution network with the SAP Extended Warehouse Management application. With its highly automated distribution center, Grainger has maximized distribution efficiencies and automation, realized cost savings, and further driven competitive advantage. http://www.sapvirtualevents.com/sapphirenow/sessiondetails.aspx?sId=2418 . Video and slides will be posted here in a few days. The Grainger legal wanted to review and approve video before we could use it
- Building Your Business Case for SAP Extended Warehouse Management – A well-designed warehouse management system (WMS) gives you the tools to increase throughput, and improve productivity and customer service. This session provides baseline and best practices for rationalizing a new WMS solution and the core methodology for justifying SAP Extended Warehouse Management, an integral part of SAP Supply Chain Management. http://www.sapvirtualevents.com/sapphirenow/sessiondetails.aspx?sId=2401
- Building a Business Case for Enterprise Mobility – Learn to build a business case for enterprise mobility that will drive value and innovation for your organization. To thrive in this environment, you need to ensure that mobile projects are strategic, have CXO-level support, and provide value to employees, partners, and customers. http://www.sapvirtualevents.com/sapphirenow/sessiondetails.aspx?sId=2397
- A Big Data Platform for Real-Time Business: How Customers Use SAP HANA – Attend this session to learn how the SAP HANA platform helps you churn through volumes of big data in real time, enabling new levels of business insight. Hear how Medtronic, Deloitte, McKesson, and the University of Kentucky are using SAP HANA to extract value from business data while enabling better reporting, analysis, and decision making. http://www.sapvirtualevents.com/sapphirenow/sessiondetails.aspx?sId=2289
- Improving Corporate Decision Making with Better Information Governance – Attend this customer panel to hear Bio-Rad, Colgate-Palmolive, and Sysco Foods explain how corporate decision making is impacted by the quality and volume of their data. Learn how and why these companies enhance information governance by deploying the right enterprise information management software and involving the right people. http://www.sapvirtualevents.com/sapphirenow/sessiondetails.aspx?sId=2425
- SAP Sales OnDemand in Action – Join us for a panel discussion about the challenges faced by TD Agency, Mitsui, and Optimal Solutions and how SAP Sales OnDemand helped them revolutionize the way they operate. These three companies found an easy, cost-effective way to connect sales people to the information they need and the way needed it. http://www.sapvirtualevents.com/sapphirenow/sessiondetails.aspx?sId=2466
- SAP Keynote Presentation by Jim Hagemann Snabe, Co-CEO SAP and Lars Dalgaard, Founder and CEO, SuccessFactors, and Member, SAP Executive Board. http://www.sapvirtualevents.com/sapphirenow/sessiondetails.aspx?sId=2311
- SAP Keynote Presentation by Prof. Dr. h.c. Hasso Plattner, Chairman of the SAP Supervisory Board and Vishal Sikka, Head of Technology and Innovation, Member of the Executive Board. http://www.sapvirtualevents.com/sapphirenow/sessiondetails.aspx?sId=2387
I hope you enjoy my top-10 playlist.
- MIB is “Men in Black” or …
- Consume the “whole SAP enchilada” in 3.5 minutes!
- Experience the whole SAP enchilada in the Run Better Campus at SAPPHIRE NOW + ASUG Annual Conference
Neetin Datar is the Social Media Ambassador for the Run Better campus at SAPPHIRE NOW annual conference and is the Senior Director of Industry Marketing for Wholesale Distribution at SAP. His enterprise software experience spans ERP, E-commerce, Global Trade, GRC, Warehouse Management and Distribution markets. He has been with SAP since 1994 and is passionate about technology and its use by distributors to run better.
Please follow us on Twitter @SAP_WSD or @neetin_datar and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/SAPWholesaleDistribution