SAP BW 7.3 Data Flows (Version:1)
SAP BW 7.3 Data Flows
Data Flows in SAP BW 7.3 makes Developers life easy. By using this option we can easily create the data flows. It will provide the Graphical View of the Data Flow. Data flows are integrated as trees into the Data Warehousing Workbench. As we were creating Process Chains in BW 7.0 in Graphical Model, we can create Data Flows. They are created and maintained in the same graphical design environment that you will be familiar with from transformation and process chain maintenance screens.
We can create the flow for the new objects and as well as with the existing objects. Data flow maintenance screen would be used for developing the data Warehousing Objects and also for maintaining the Objects, Data flow between them. Graphical Data Flow Modeling enables you to persist the data flow views that you created with the “Display Data Flow‟ function.
Creation of Graphical Data Flow Modeling:
Here is the step by step procedure to create the Graphical data Flow…
1. 1.Login to SAP BI 7.3 system and run the transaction code RSA1 then Select the Info Area to which you want to assign the new data flow or create a new Info Area.
2. 2. In the Info Area context menu, choose “Create Data Flow” -> Under Data Flow enter a technical name and a description of the data flow. Choose (Continue). The data flow maintenance screen appears. Alternatively you can use the transaction RSDF to access the data flow maintenance screen.
A new data Flow with the name under the Info Area as below screen…
1. 3. Drag and drops the Objects that we have to create from the List of Objects in the left Pane to Data Flow maintenance Area. The desired Data Flow is “Flat File ->DSO – – > Cube “.
Se 4. Select existing Objects like Info Cube, DSO and Data Source by using the Context menu of each object
1. 5. Create a connection between two objects like how we used to connect two process types in Process Chains (Hold the left mouse button and drag the mouse pointer from object to the next object). The system will create the required connection Type. A transformation is created for the first connection between and a source and a target and a data transfer process is created for subsequent connections and activate the objects by double clicking on the appropriate connection.
1. 6. Creating Info Cube by using existing template as source of DSO
Using the toolbar on the left side of the data maintenance screen, you can insert objects into the data flow. Drag and drop the required object symbol into the edit window. And double click on the object. The dialogue box for creating info cube opens. The data store object is selected as the info cube template.
1. 7. Connect the Transformation and DTP‟s and Activate the info cube, transformation and DTPs by double clicking on appropriate connection.
1. 8. Undo and Redo functionality in Graphical data flow
We can revert the actions which we have performed in Data Modeling (Graphical Data Flow). The screen shot below shows the result of the three actions being undone. In this case, the three connection dragging and dropping DSO object, connection of transformation and DTP are reversed
We can choose any one of the options displayed (We can revert last 1, 2, 3 and 4 actions)
1. 9. To Redo your actions, simply open the dropdown menu of the redo button and select the required action or press the redo button three times, for example
1. 10. Use data flow object Functionality in Graphical Data Flow
Expand the existing data flow of the info cube by choosing the menu entry „use data flow object‟. A dialog box opens. Specify the whether you want to use the dataflow upwards, downwards or in both directions.
1. 11. A dialog box opens. Specify the whether you want to use the dataflow upwards, downwards or in both directions. The data flow is shown in a separate window and can be added to the dataflow maintenance by pressing the confirm bottom.
The data flow is shown in a separate window and can be added to the dataflow maintenance by pressing the confirm bottom.
How to Use Copy Data Flow in SAP BW 7.3 will be explained in the next version (SAP BW 7.3 Data Flows (Version:2)). Please post your valuable comments and views on it….:-)