Global Settings in BW: Logical mapping of Source systems and transferring global currency/unit settings.
SAP BI 7.0.For more information, visit the Business Intelligence homepage.
This article demystify on how to do the logical mapping of source systems and how to transfer the global settings of currencies/units/fiscal variants in order to avoid the general failures of the data loads.
Author(s): Venu Babu Janjanam
Company: Cognizant Technology Solutions
Created on: 18 May 2012
Venu Babu Janjanam is a senior SAP BI 7.0 Certified Professional and currently working with Cognizant Technology solutions. He has extensive cross functional experience and has been with end to end SAP implementation projects across manufacturing & logistics domain. He has solid potential experience in SAP BI, ABAP, BO and other DWH tool space.
Table of Contents
Applies to: 1
- Summary. 1
Author Bio. 1
Table of Contents. 2
Related Content 10
Disclaimer and Liability Notice. 11
To maintain the mappings as global settings in BW, logical mappings of the source system ID’s and its descriptions should be maintained. So that, its applicable in the entire BW system and populate the source system id/description.
The below mentioned tables will contain the information regarding the currency/unit/fiscal variants.
T002 Language Keys
TCURR Exchange Rates
TCURC Currency Codes
TCURV Exchange Rate types for currency translations
T009 Fiscal Year Variants
T006 Units of Measurement
Step by Step Process to maintain the logical mapping
- 1.Call the transaction RSA1 and choose Asgmt of SCE Syst. To Srce Syst ID from the Tools menu bar as shown in the below screen.
- 2.Using the create option (F5), a new source system Name and ID can be entered. Once the source system is defined, save it (Ctrl+S) as shown in the below screen.
- While creating the transformation for the source system. We need to map a constant for the source system without any value.
- Once the entire flow is designed, we can load the data and the source system ID is automatically populated by the system from the logical mapping.
Transferring the global settings
- 1.inorder to transfer all the fiscal variants/currencies/units the transfer global settings need to be used as shown in the below screens.
- Execute it directly using (F8) the button. This job can be also executed in the background on a regular basis. Schedule the RSIMPCUST program in back ground using variants.
- 3.Once its executed successfully, all the values which are maintained in the corresponding source system will be transferred to the BW system. We can see all the new entries in the respective tables.
- In the similar fashion we can also transfer all the currency exchange rates.
- Common errors like No SID found for any variant or currency will be solved as shown in the below screens.
- Once all the settings are transferred to BW (based on the error..fiscal variants/units/currencies). The process chain/load will be completed successfully.