SAP Customers tell the most intriguing Mobile Stories at SAPPHIRE NOW
Are you curious to learn how SAP helps its customers to feed the world and to combat poverty? Well, I hope you didn´t miss yesterday´s mobile sessions with Novus International and Standard Bank South Africa. But no worries – all sessions are available remotely on the SAPPHIRE NOW landing page.
SAPPHIRE NOW is always a great opportunity to hear more about SAPs latest products, innovations and roadmaps and to network with experts and peers in your industry. What I especially like about the event though, is that it is as an excellent environment to listen to stories from our customers on how they are bringing SAP solutions to live.
There were so many great speakers on Mobility yesterday, that it´s actually hard for me to tell which session I liked most. You could literally feel their passion when they were talking about their mobile strategy and vision and the feedback that they got from their employees and customers on that so far. What really
fascinates me about mobile technology is the variety of use cases that it enables for businesses. Be it a productivity app to free-up time for the workforce, a mobile reporting app that allows executives to make vital business decisions 24/7 or an app that dramatically changes the way how customers are engaging
with a brand.
Those are just a few that I heard customers talk about during yesterday’s mobile sessions. If you missed one of the stories and want to listen in, check out my personal highlights and takeaways below:
- The world will have to double the amount of food it currently produces by the year 2050. Alex Pierroutsakos, Global CIO of Novus International Inc., spoke about how the animal health and nutrition company is helping farmers around the world produce affordable and wholesome food. In this session, you will learn how supply chain performance management and mobile solutions from SAP are helping them to realize their vision of feeding the world.
- If you want to hear more about how mobile solutions from SAP enable Standard Bank South Africa to combat poverty while improving its bottom line, listen to this session with Wally Fisher, Director Implementation and Readiness at Standard Bank South Africa. By bringing innovative technology to a developing country, the bank now offers lower-income consumers the opportunity to open their first bank account in a matter of 8 minutes – anywhere, anytime – and helped cut the bank’s cost by more than U.S $80 million.
- Keith Bowles, Director Business Intelligence, from Peabody Energy Inc. hosted a great session on how the company mobilized its workforce with the latest SAP BusinessObjects solutions. He talked about how they are improving with rich reporting, analysis, and visualization on the go and provided practical tips on leveraging a current investment in business intelligence and delivering content to mobile devices. I especially liked this quote from Keith: “We […] downloaded FP3 and had it installed in 3 days, we had the first mobile app in one day. That´s how easy it is with these apps.”
- In a very inspiring roundtable discussion, SAP CIO Oliver Bussmann discussed the impact of consumer technology is having on IT with thought leaders from Asian Paints, Standard Bank South Africa and L´Oreal.
Georges-Edouard Dias, SVP Digital Business at L´Oreal S.A. for example elaborated on how L´Oreal leverages mobile technology to dramatically change the customer experience, by enabling customers to test and try products with virtual technology.
Manish Choksi, Chief — Corporate Strategy & CIO of Asian Paints Ltd. shared a great story on how the company is enabling its customers to get a real life impression on a new painting for their homes, even before it got applied. And with their social platform, customers can even share that experience with friends and relatives and ask for their feedback.
- In a session about how consumer products companies are using mobile technology, Keith Moody, VP and CIO of Lexmark International talked about how his company is enabling the sales force to be more efficient and responsive.
And if you didn´t get enough yet – there are several more stories to come today and tomorrow to be shared by our customers, live at SAPPHIRE NOW.