Only a few days to go until SAPPHIRE and ASUG in Orlando – and we have over 500 confirmed public sector customer attendees, spanning federal, state, local, education and defense organizations. This will be one of our largest PS audiences ever, and we have a tremendous amount of topical and compelling content to share with you!
Here are a few highlights, to help you develop your agenda:
1) The US Department of the Interior is presenting their financial management, GRC and successive enhancement story in the Run Better Campus South Theater on Monday, May 14, @ 11am. Hear from Michael Johnston, their Project Manager for Financial and Business Management, on Interior’s experiences and guidance to other government organizations implementing agency-wide financial management solutions.
2) Don’t miss Santa Clara County’s Microforum discussion on Tuesday, May 15 @ 4pm in the Run Better Campus, Public Sector area. David Indra from SCC will review how they’ve improved fiscal stability and accountability with SAP Public Budget Formulation (PBF).
3) The Public Sector area will have two demo stations for you to visit – both showcasing our end-to-end solution portfolios supporting the unique business processes of government, education and defense organizations. Want to know how SAP supports tax & revenue processes? Curious to see our new Citizen Connect mobile app? Interested in automating your student lifecycle management process? Stop by for a 1:1 discussion and demonstration with our public sector staff – we’ll be showing the latest and greatest on our laptops and iPads.
4) For more detailed overviews of our capabilities around fraud discovery, mitigation and prevention, be sure to attend one of our two demo theater presentations, where we’ll be showing how SAP in-memory computing technology helps public sector organizations access and analyze data in real-time, to detect and prevent fraud and abuse in entitlement and tax transaction. These sessions are in the Public Sector area of Run Better Campus on Tuesday, May 15 @ 5pm, and again Wednesday, May 16 @ 11am
5) Did you say “Mobility”? We have you covered. Come over to two sessions on mobility in the public sector. First, a Microforum discussion on Tuesday, May 15 @ 4pm in the Mobile Campus – this discussion explores the strategy and design of purchasing and time-sheet approval mobile apps developed for Canada’s Agence métropolitaine de transport. Hear lessons learned and tips for rapid development and deployment of mobile apps using Sybase Unwired Platform. Secondly, see a demo on public sector mobile capabilities @ 2:30pm in the Mobile Campus.
6) For the education folks, don’t miss the University of Kentucky, as part of our HANA Roundtable discussion in the Global Communication center on Wednesday, May 16.
Finally, to give you a preview of the some of the innovative solutions we’ll be showing, check out these latest video clips for your industry:
Public Sector Whiteboard: http://youtu.be/d3fuJtkk5bg?hd=1
Higher Education Whiteboard: http://youtu.be/DdXvePJmEFU?hd=1
Defense Whiteboard: http://youtu.be/0f3Ua29zLJU?hd=1
There are many more sessions, too numerous to list here – but you can review them on the SAPPHIRE and ASUG home page http://www.sapandasug.com/ – just go to “Agenda Builder” and sort by your preferred industry in the “Industries” drop down menu.
We look forward to seeing you in Orlando! – The SAP Public Sector, Education and Defense Teams