Only a few more hours before the SAPPHIRE NOW doors open in Orlando. By now many of you have probably used the online agenda builder on www.sapandasug.com to mark the presentations, discussions and demos that you don’t want to miss.
We want to highlight the key SAP NetWeaver related activities that you might want to also add to your agenda.
Also be sure to visit us in the Database & Technology Campus. We can promise you we have many great updates and innovations to share with you.
We have tried to make this overview of activities more digestible by sorting them by the key SAP NetWeaver topic areas Content & Portals, Process Orchestration, Application Platforms and Security:
Content & Portals
- Discussion table: Modernize the User Environment to Unite and Empower Your People
The user experience is evolving. Join us for demos of the SAP NetWeaver Portal component, enterprise workspaces, content and site management software from OpenText, and SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe.
- Test-drive table: Make Your Workplaces More Workable:
Join us at this test-drive table to see demos of popular and new user experience solutions from SAP and partners, including Duet Enterprise software and SAP NetWeaver Gateway technology.
- Microforum Discussion: Best Practices for Integrating SAP Applications and Microsoft SharePoint (Tue, 4:00-4:45 PM).
This discussion focuses on how customers integrate SAP applications into Microsoft SharePoint with Duet Enterprise software. Business benefits and value are highlighted.
- Microforum Discussion: Managing Enterprise Content with SAP NetWeaver Portal (Mon, 10:30-11:15 AM)
This discussion covers the innovative new solutions for content and site management that have been co-developed by SAP and OpenText for the SAP NetWeaver Portal component.
- Microforum Discussion: Reduce the Piles of Paper: How to Generate Value from SAP Interactive Forms (Wed, 1:00-1:45 PM)
This discussion shows how a provider of professional, technology, and management services uses SAP Interactive Forms software by Adobe to generate business value. Learn how the firm leverages forms lifecycle management to boost productivity and streamline processes.
- Microforum Discussion: Your Gateway to Amazing User Experience (Wed, 2:00-2:45 PM)
This discussion features a demonstration of five applications built by partners and customers using SAP NetWeaver Gateway technology. Learn how you can use the software to connect people through the Web, social networks, mobile devices, and SAP Business Suite applications.
- Theater Presentation: AmerisourceBergen: Delivering the Right Drug with Technology from SAP (Wed, 1:00-1:20 PM)
AmerisourceBergen, a leading pharmaceutical services company needs secure adaptable processes to manage its complex portfolio of distribution services. Join this session to learn how the company uses SAP NetWeaver Process Integration software – along with portal and identity management solutions – to run and integrate its high-volume processes.
- Demo pod: Harmonize Your Business with Process Orchestration:
See a demo of SAP NetWeaver Process Orchestration, an offering for business process management, process integration, and rules management. Learn how it supports a process improvement initiative.
- Discussion table: Tame Unruly Data with Process Orchestration and Complex Event Processing
Visit this table to find out how event-processing solutions can give you a real-time understanding of incidents that impact your operations. Learn how SAP customers are using SAP NetWeaver Process Orchestration software to generate significant process improvements. And get inspired by others who have successfully implemented these technologies.
- Demo Theater: Harness the Business Event Avalanche with Sybase Event Stream Processor (Wed, 11:00-11:20 AM)
Attend this session to learn how Sybase Event Stream Processor software helps you process multiple streams of data in real time, detecting key business situations and enabling instantaneous decision making. Find out how you can improve alerts and fraud detection and merge multiple data streams while enriching, cleansing, and processing your data.
- Demo Theater: From Process Design to Running Application in 20 Minutes (Mon 2:00-2:20 PM and Wed 3:00-3:20 PM)
Find out how SAP NetWeaver Process Orchestration software supports the process improvement lifecycle. See how you can quickly automate a process from initial design to delivering a running application. Highlighted capabilities include business process and rules modeling, user interface generation, integration flow, deployment, and monitoring.
- Microforum Discussion B2B Integration: On Premise, On Demand, or Both? (Tue 2:00-2:45 PM)
This discussion compares ways to efficiently exchange information – from orders to shipments to invoices – with suppliers, customers, and partners. Learn the benefits of on-premise, on-demand, and hybrid business-to-business integration models to help define your strategy.
- Microforum Discussion Smarter, Simpler Applications with Decision Service Management (Wed 3:00-3:45 PM)
This discussion focuses on decision service management (DSM) – a strategy that helps make business processes and systems more efficient and more agile. Learn how DSM enables business experts to implement changes independently from IT, reducing both cycle times and costs.
- Microforum Discussion The Role of Complex Event Processing in Enterprise Architecture (Mon 2:00-2:45 PM)
This discussion focuses on complex event processing – a new technology that improves decision making by using real-time analytics architecture. Explore real-life use cases, including situation detection, automated response, stream transformation, and continuous intelligence.
- Microforum Discussion Uncover the Value of Process Modeling (Tue 11:00-11:45 AM)
Learn to create a visual perspective of business processes using the business process modeling and notation standard (BPMN). See which tools to use based on type of process, intended use case, and preferred user interface. See how on-demand and on-premise process modeling tools help you create custom processes and collaborate on process models.
- Demo pod: Upgrade Your Application Development with SAP Platforms
Get an overview of our development platforms for mobile, in-memory, and cloud computing. Find out how developers can get started with comprehensive tutorials and resources with SAP’s developer center.
- Discussion table: Optimize Your Application Development Infrastructure
Join us for a look at the SAP NetWeaver Application Server and our custom development resources that cover all stacks – enhancing high-level management, architecture support, and in-depth development.
- Microforum Discussion: Application Development in the Cloud: The Power of Platform-as-a-Service (Mon, 3:00-03:45 PM and Wed 11:00-11:45 AM)
This discussion lays out SAP’s strategy for enabling application development in the cloud. Learn about SAP’s latest offerings in this space and get first-hand information on how cloud-based applications can complement and enhance your existing IT portfolio.
- Microforum Discussion: Learn, Build, and Innovate: Tips for Building a Better Developer Program (Mon, 3:00-03:45 PM and Tue 1:00-1:45 PM)
This discussion analyzes how your developers can utilize sandbox development environments to develop innovative business applications for your company. The session focuses on mastering these techniques quickly and effectively for fast time to value.
Note: Further exhibits and sessions focusing on the cloud platform and virtualization topics can be found in the Cloud Campus (select “Cloud Technology” in the Agenda Builder search form).
- Discussion table: Reduce Risk with Better Identity and Access Management Processes
Join us at this table to learn how you can harness the full power of SAP’s integrated software for security management. Find out how your organization can improve corporate security, optimize your workforce, and decrease operational costs.
- Demo Theater: Improve Corporate Compliance with Integrated Identify and Access Management (Tue, 11:30-21:50 AM)
Join the experts at this Demo Theater to learn how you can better govern your provisioning and entitlement processes. Find out how identify management, single sign-on, and access control software can be integrated and leveraged to create a unified, compliant security framework.
- Demo Theater: New Technologies = New Threats to Product Security? (Tue, 1:30 -1:50 PM)
Get Prepared to Win. Join this session to learn how SAP helps customers combat the problem of product security. With corporate data increasingly at risk in on-device or on-demand platforms, how is SAP preparing to address current and future security challenges? Find out how to maximize your business benefits
- Microforum Discussion: Identity Management, Access Control, Single Sign-On: A Look at New Options (Tue, 3:00-3:45 PM)
This discussion focuses on identity and access management solutions. See how you can benefit greatly from the latest versions of the SAP NetWeaver Identity Management component and SAP NetWeaver Single Sign-On application, integrated with SAP BusinessObjects Access Control.
- Microforum Discussion: Implementing Identity Management Solutions at Colgate-Palmolive (Mon, 1:00-1:45 PM)
This discussion focuses on how Colgate-Palmolive used identity and access management software from SAP to manage identities across the IT landscape. Learn about key project steps, timelines, and obstacles – and how the on-budget project generated a fast return on investment.
And last but not least, don’t miss the theater session “Build and Extend – SAP’s Application Infrastructure Strategy” on Mon, 11:30 -11:50 AM presented by Sanjay Chikarmane, SVP & General Manager, Global Technology Solutions at SAP. This session looks at the role of a flexible application infrastructure to meet the growing need for new functionality and adaptable business processes. Get a strategic view of SAP’s application infrastructure portfolio, including application platforms, development tools, and middleware components, as well as content management and portal products.
I know this is a lot we offer to you, but what can we do, there is just so much to tell.
Have a great time at SAPPHIRE NOW and I and the team are looking forward to seeing you!
The SAP NetWeaver SAPPHIRE team