Bex Query is showing all values perfectly and balance amounts with its proper currency key, but higher management and reporting user wants balance
amounts/Key figures with its currency symbol for all the Bex queries.
Query Output with standard design option:
The Query output with default setting for currency ;
Currency key is appearing after values of amount key figure.
Reporting user wants query output with currency sign before values of amount key figure as shown in below image:
Procedure to be followed:
Execute transaction code – SPRO, SAP Project Reference Object
Execute SPRO transaction code in BW system, this transaction code is mainly used to configure the setting as per your client requirement by using the
standard setting present in the system and also used for making necessary customizing in the system for the Key data structure and Configurations.
SPRO -> SAP Reference IMG -> SAP NetWeaver -> Business Intelligence->Settings for Reporting and Analysis.
Settings for Reporting and Analysis
Settings for Reporting and Analysis -> General Settings for Reporting and Analysis -> Set Alternative Currency Display
Caution: The table is cross-client; this message serves to warn you that each change you make will have an effect on all other clients in the system. Click on
1. Currency: enter currency keys.
2. Alt. text (Alternative text): enter currency symbol for its relevant currency key.
3. Before/After Value: option decides how currency symbol (alternative text) will appear with value in Bex query.
e.g. If Currency key is EUR then value outputs for
Before value: € 1000 (€ displayed in front of the numeric value)
After value: 1000 € (€ displayed after the numeric value)
Note: SAP Standard settings:
1. All currencies are displayed in accordance with the ISO norm by default, and appear after the numeric value,
2. DEM is displayed as DM,
3. USD is displayed as $ in front of the numeric value,
4. GBP is displayed as £ in front of the numeric value.