External Facing Portal: A Solution That Fits Your Needs
While building my #sapphirenow agenda, I discovered 63 sessions with the keyword “portal”. No doubt this is a very interesting topic for the convention participants, but it makes it all the more difficult to draw attention to a particular session using that word. So let me tell you about session no. 2114 – “External Facing Portal: A Solution That Fits Your Needs”. This is one of the last sessions in the event, so there’s hope that it will easily fit into your busy schedule.
Most enterprises require external facing sites or portals to communicate with the general public, customers, partners, suppliers and job candidates. Requirements for such portals may differ from internal portals, and may vary according to audience size and heterogeneity. Let’s take a look at a few aspects that you might consider when planning a portal site:
- – The need for a pixel-perfect user interface that provides a state-of-the-art user experience and follows the corporate style guide. Every part of the portal must be fully branded.
- – Full support for web standards, including accessibility.
- – Optimized network performance for WAN access.
- – Support for the broad range of browsers and devices.
- – Anonymous access with optional self-registration. While not common to all external facing portals, this requirement could be particularly challenging when provisioning content from business applications and BI.
- – Extreme scale up to possibly millions of users.
Today, SAP customers can choose between a proven, highly-scalable SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal solution on premise and a lean, cloud-based SAP On Demand Portal product planned for controlled release in the next quarter. While the On Demand Portal is still in beta phase, you may want to start preparing for using this new solution.
I hope that you will take the time to join this session. It would be my pleasureto discuss business scenarios for your external facing portal, assess your technical requirements, and demonstrate and compare the on-premise and the on-demand SAP Portal solutions .
Search for session 2114 in the #sapphirenow agenda builder or just add “External Facing Portal: Solution That Fits Your Needs” to your personal calendar on Wed 16:15 at S310C.
See you in Orlando.