Change of resource in time ticket process order confirmation
Dear friends in this PP forum,
I would like to share this document regarding change of actual resource used in production during phase confirmation. This will be useful if you already released the orders, but due to some machine break down switched the production to an alternate resource. Many of you might be knowing this and can be useful for beginers in PP module. I request you to read this document and share your valuable inputs and also rate this document if found useful.
Using the below mentioned configuration settings, it is possible to change the resource in order confirmations. The actual resource confirmed will be available in order information report. Standard value parameters and activities will be confirmed based on the actual resource and activity cost will also be updated in process order. Configuration involves the creation of single screen entry confirmation profile and assignment of parameter ID in user profile.
In a tire industry Banbury mixers and intermix mixers are used to prepare the tread rubber compound by mixing natural rubber with ingredients like chemicals, carbon black and oil in a specific ratio. Banbury mixers are very efficient mixers to mix larger volume of rubber compound in lesser time compared to Intermix. But the quality of rubber compound is better in Intermix compared to Banbury due to the design of Rotors and the chamber. Considering the productivity usually production is scheduled in Banbury mixer (BANB) and process order is created and released for this resource BANB. But due to rotor blade failure rubber mixing is switched to the alternate resource Intermix (INMIX) and actual confirmation has to be booked against the intermix resource. Below mentioned combination of configuration settings and transaction data will help us to understand the mapping of this production scenario in SAP without any need for custom development.
SPRO –> Production planning for process industries –> Process Order –> Operations –>Confirmations –>Single screen entry –>Define single screen entry (OPK1)
Creation of new single screen entry confirmation profile:
Assign the personal details table in the details area and give the pushbutton text as Actual resource and select the check box as closed. Because this tab is only required when there is a breakdown of the primary resource and production is shifted to alternate resource after the scheduling and release of process order.
Master data Settings
Assign the single screen confirmation profile in the user profile (SU3) under the tab Parameters for the parameter ID CORUPROF:
Primary resource is defined in CRC1:BANB
Also maintain Alternate Resource Intermix: INMIX in CRC1
Process flow steps
- Process order is released with the Primary resource BANB after checking the material and capacity availability in COR2 transaction.
2. Process order time ticket confirmation-COR6N:
Here Resource field is grayed out and will be defaulted from the process order phase and cannot be changed in this screen.
3. Under the actual resource tab Resource number is defaulted from the phase and can be changed to the actual resource utilized in production. And based on the actual resource activity type will also be changed and actual values can be recorded for production. Here in this scenario activity type remains the same and only duration for the operation changes. Planned duration is 15 min and actual duration due to Intermix is 25 minutes.
4. Process order information system report: COOISPI
Select the list as Confirmations and enter the order number in the selection input.
5. Actual resource confirmed is displayed in report output:
6. Process order confirmation display: CORT
Planned resource for confirmation and actual resource confirmed are displayed.