SAP NetWeaver Gateway trial version of Duet Enterprise
You probably know about the NetWeaver Gateway Trial version which you can download from SDN. Now, the very same thing is also available for Duet Enterprise.
Over the last few months we already offered this package in a beta phase and incorporated quite a lot of feedback. Now we think it is time to offer it to everyone.
Since Duet Enterprise is a joint product we teamed up with Microsoft and can offer you now the full package: A SharePoint 2010 Server that is configured with Duet Enterprise, Office 2010 connected and of course a fully configured SAP NetWeaver Gateway system. All available as a Hyper-V virtual machine which should make the installation pretty simple.
Unfortunately we cannot ship an ERP system as well, but you can connect this configuration either to your local ERP system, or we are also working on making a connection to the Enterprise Service Workplace possible.
Since you still want to see something, we have preconfigured some Reports and one Workflow on the Gateway system itself so you can test this right away in SharePoint.
We hope that the most complicated thing is to download the software itself. After that it is just starting up the virtual machine and running some scripts (all explained in a screen-shot rich documentation.
To start, just follow the documentation here and download the software from here:
- Download the IW Demo Image ( 2010-10a ) from http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=27417
- Download the Windows 2008 + SQL Image from http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=26808
- Download Duet Enterprise 1.0 from https://msdn.microsoft.com/de-de/subscriptions/securedownloads/default.aspx
[you can also download the bits from the service marketplace https://service.sap.com/swdc]
- Download the SAP Crypto Lib from http://service.sap.com/security (please make sure that you download the latest version!)
- You will require a license for the SAP system which can be requested from http://www.sap.com/minisap, but this can only be done after you have installed the SAP system
- Download the IW finalization script VFD located on http://download.microsoft.com/download/6/B/6/6B63BAC2-8CCF-4A45-9E4E-AA3BE0E735C7/DuetDemoSetup.vfd
- –Download the SAP Duet Enterprise Image from http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/webcontent/uuid/80618fbb-6f0c-2f10-7b97-ee9bbe74e6ba
After downloading all these files make sure you follow the steps outlined in the document mentioned above.
Currently the version is still NetWeaver 7.02 SP09 with Gateway 2.0 SP02 and Duet Enterprise 1.0 Feature Pack 1. However, we are already working on an updated version with NetWeaver 7.02 SP11 running on SQL Server 2012, Gateway 2.0 SP04 and the latest Service Pack of Duet Enterprise 1.0 Feature Pack 1.
For support, please do not create a ticket with SAP, but post your questions on the Duet Enterprise forum on SDN.
Any feedback or ideas for improvement is very much welcome – just let us know.