We are just 13 days away from the beginning of SAPPHIRE NOW in Orlando Florida. As SAP prepares for the ultimate customer event of the year, the
day-to-day activity is at a fever-pitch now. Solution demo’s, videos, customer speakers, theater sessions, panels, micro forums, broadcast sessions, keynotes and on and on it goes. Without a doubt, SAPPHIRE NOW is truly the ultimate coalescence of people, technology, ideas, collaboration and innovation. And, in this epicenter of activity, the EC&O industry is no exception.
So, with so much information coming togther in such a dynamic, exciting, (and I’ll even say ‘aswesome’ ) event like SAPPHIRE NOW, I’ve been getting a lot of calls and requests for a tailored agenda specific for our engineering, construction and commercial real estate customers and prospects. With insight
and input provided by our North American Industry Principals, we’ve built an agenda that will keep you running to see and hear plenty of EC&O
specific and industry related topics. You can find the “Customer Agenda” for EC&O on the SAPPHIRE NOW web site at sapandasug.com. Just click on “Custom Agenda” and select “Engineering, Construction & Operations”.
“Headquartered”, as I like to say, in the Run Better Campus, EC&O (with the Professional Services Industry) is hosting the Streamlining
Your Commercial Project Management Discussion Table each day of the event, from open to close. In this location (RB126) you’ll see how mobile analytic solutions can help engineering, construction, and operations firm become more profitable. And,don’t forget to check out demo’s and presentations on the entire SAP for EC&O solution portfolio. We’ll have Solution Engineers at the ready to listen to your questions, discuss show our solutions for EC&O. From CRM and Business Suite to Analytics and Mobility, for example, the EC&O discussion table is a good place to start your day and plan your activity for the event.
A couple of new topics you’ll definitely want to see and hear about when at the EC&O Discussion Table:
1. Analytics for Construction– The all-new (literally being released for general availability immanently) SAP Performance Analytics for
EC&O. We’ll have video demo’s and click-through demo’s. A representative from our Industry Business Unit will be on-hand to answer your
questions and show you the solution. This solution is an analytic application that combines SAP data with metrics and KPI calculations and delivers actionable information to help you address performance shortfalls in project and business execution.
Improved project profitability through enhanced visibility into execution and productivity issues
Improved business planning via insights into performance of lines of work and business units
Support for best practices for strategic and operational performance management
Enhanced agility and competitivenessthrough quick information analysis and optimal decision making
Quick ROI and shortened time to value thanks to rapid deployment
2. Mobile Apps Demo – Be sure to ask to see the Daily Work Planning App demo. Its an EC&O industry app that works on tablets like iPads, and let’s project managers plan their daily work on-site. It’s really something to see. It will be available to see on an iPad at the Discussion Table, so let me know if you want to see it. I’ll be glad to show you or introduce you to our EC&O Industry Principals who can quickly (it’s an app after all! Won’t take long…) walk you
through the app.
And there is much more on mobility for EC&O, plus CRM. In addition to many mobile topics across many different industry or Line of Business areas (the most relevant have been selected for the EC&O Custom agenda) here are two notable sessions specific to EC&O:
- On Tuesday at 11:00am at the Mobile Theater
(Session 7537: Mobile Apps in Action: Driving Innovation for Business Success), be sure to listen to Rich Richardson, CIO of Kiewit
Construction and Dan Mahowald, SAP SVP, discuss strategies for success with enterprise mobility. You’ll learn about mobile apps Kiewit (and the other panelist companies) are deploying now and why. See how mobile apps are transforming business for employees, partners, and consumers, and how companies are bringing IT and business teams together to prioritize applications to deploy in the future.
- On Wednesday at 4:00pm in the Mobile Campus (Session 7746: Innovating with Enterprise Mobility in EC&O), join the discussion!
This discussion focuses on how to leverage mobile technologies in the engineering, construction, and operations (EC&O) industry. Learn how to
manage your projects, equipment, workforce, and operations more efficiently.
- On Wednesday at 4:00pm in the Run Better Theater (Session 7096: 360-Degree Customer Experience: Redefining Traditional CRM.), Engineering, construction and commercial real estate business are service businesses, and customers satisfaction is paramount, whether the customer is a project owner or a consumer. A 360-degree customer experience enables your company to understand and maximize the value it delivers. Listen to Yvette Browner of Kiewit Construction discuss their recent implementation, consolidating over 30 unique district offices under one instance of CRM, gaining a comprehensive view of their customers and providing a consistent customer experience at every touch point.
Ready. Set. Go! – Those are just some of the highlights. Please take a minute to review the Custom EC&O Agenda (keep it handy when in
Orlando), and take in as many of the interesting, informative topics as possible. You’ll be sure to come away from SAPPHIRE NOW, energized (mentally, but maybe not physically….), informed and ready to help your company run like never before!