POD – Proof of Delivery
Proof of delivery is the confirmation sent by the Ship to party upon the reciept of goods. Once you configure the POD in your system, means it wont let you
create the billing unless you have confirmatiion of POD.
To configure the POD :
check the POD in Customer Master – sales area – Shipping data tab.
– Enter the time limit to recieve the POD from Ship to party in “Time Frame” as No: of days which is permited in numbers and as I have entered as 3 days.
If the Ship to party fails to send the POD within the stipulated time, which is mentioned in the time frame, the system will automatically create the
– Select the relavent Item category and assign “X” (Relavent for POD) you can use the following path to assign as mentioned.
(SPRO – Logistic Execution – Delivery – Proof of Deliveries – set POD-Relevance depending on delivery item category)
– If you intend to create the new reasons for the Quantity difference then you can do Under the previous step in customizing.
(Define Reasons for Quantity Differences)
– Now create the Sales Order, delivery, PGI, and lastly when you will attempt to create the billing you would see the error message. In the log if you
observe the POD is not confirmed. Which means is you need to get the POD .
– To get the POD there are 2 scenarios.
If the quantity has difference ” it could be overdelivery or Underdelivery” for this:
A) Use the Transaction code VLPOD then enter the delivery document number: , enter the reasons for the qty variation (Positive or Negative) and finally
Enter the qty of variation under the “Qty difference sales Unit” which changes the POD status as “B”(Difference Reported). and save the document.
B) After the above step now you need to do VLPODQ transaction code for the final confirmation of POD- Automatic Confirmation.
In VLPODQ selection criteria, you need to input your delivery document no:, and make sure to select “radio button of “Verified with difference”
and tick mark the “Display selected documents” under the worklist tab & Execute.
You can also do VLPODQ directly if there is no discripencies in the item which customers has recieved.
c) Select the line item and hit the “CONFIRM” button .
If you want to make sure you have the quantity difference recorded properly, for that go to VL02n, select the line item go to “Processing tab” and look in the
“POD Difference button” which will show up the delivery quantity and POD quantity.
D) Now you are ready for the billing… Go to VF01 and do the billing.
If there is no difference in quantity in suc case follow the step B (select the radio button “Not yet processed” instead of “verify with difference”.),
Step C, and D from above.