A few weeks ago our senior executives in the industries team at SAP threw us a gauntlet!
They said “Our customers and prospects would love for us to be able to tell the story of how the five market categories of Apps, Analytics, Mobile, Cloud and Database & Technology come together in each of our 24 industries that we support.” They also went ahead and defined the following boundary conditions for us:
- “The story should be very easy to understand.” In fact, I distinctly remember Sanjay Poonen mention “Sesame Street simple, guys!”
- “It should be ready for SAPPHIRE NOW + ASUG conference in May.”
- “You can only use 1 page to tell the story.”
- “And, by the way, it cannot exceed more than 3 to 3.5 minutes in time.”
It was a daunting challenge, as we all know, simple is hard!
I was immediately reminded of the famous story of a renowned speaker when told that his allocated speaking time at a conference has been cut by half. His reply was “Sure, no problem, I of course will need to charge you double my original fees.”
To take the challenge head on, we quickly pulled a small team together and put our creative juices to work.
Here’s our first industry example – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VIrjS-aZeI
Hope you like the taste of the whole SAP enchilada as much as we had fun making it! As for the rest of the industry videos, they are being packaged up and will be available soon.
Neetin Datar is the Social Media Ambassador for the Run Better campus at SAPPHIRE NOW annual conference and is the Senior Director of Industry Marketing for Wholesale Distribution at SAP. His enterprise software experience spans ERP, E-commerce, Global Trade, GRC, Warehouse Management and Distribution markets. He has been with SAP since 1994 and is passionate about technology and its use by distributors to run better.
- Run Better Campus: http://scn.sap.com/community/events/sapphire-now/blog/2012/04/09/experience-the-whole-sap-enchilada-at-the-run-better-campus-at-sapphirenow-asug-annual-conference
- Consumer Products: http://scn.sap.com/community/events/sapphire-now/blog/2012/04/20/discover-the-consumer-products-adventure-at-sapphire-now-and-asug
- Showcase Industries: http://scn.sap.com/community/events/sapphire-now/blog/2012/04/20/the-masters-golf-tournament-running-better-in-showcase-industries-at-sapphire-now-asug-event-one-in-the-same
- Chemicals: http://scn.sap.com/community/events/sapphire-now/blog/2012/04/20/sap-for-chemicals-finding-the-right-recipe-for-success-at-sapphire-now-asug-annual-conference
- Professional Services: http://scn.sap.com/community/events/sapphire-now/blog/2012/04/19/hear-and-see-how-professional-services-firms-can-run-better-at-sapphire-now-asug-annual-conference
- Analytics: http://scn.sap.com/community/events/sapphire-now/blog/2012/04/14/analytics-sample-agenda
- Cloud: http://scn.sap.com/community/events/sapphire-now/blog/2012/04/24/sapphire-now-cloud-campus-6-sessions-you-don-t-want-to-miss
- Services: http://scn.sap.com/community/events/sapphire-now/blog/2012/04/25/lets-talk-services-strategy-at-sapphire-now
- RDS: http://scn.sap.com/community/events/sapphire-now/blog/2012/04/25/run-better-in-just-weeks
- D&T: http://scn.sap.com/community/events/sapphire-now/blog/2012/04/24/get-a-sneak-preview-of-the-database-technology-campus-activities-at-sapphire-now