Being a part of the SAP Support organization for 4 years now (3 years previous to that with Business Objects), I have heard a lot of similar questions from customers, partners, and SAP employees surrounding accessing SAP support. What better way to share those questions and answers than here!
Those of you who are familiar with SAP Service Marketplace, also known as SMP (http://service.sap.com) , know this landing page is the jump off to areas such as the SAP Community Network, the SAP Partner Portal, and the SAP Support Portal. Today’s blog focuses on some important things to know before entering the SAP Support Portal. This is part 1 in a series.
Things to Know Before Entering the SAP Support Portal
- In order to access the SAP Support Portal, you need to have a maintenance agreement with SAP.
- You must have an S USER ID and PASSWORD: An S-User ID looks something like this S000000000.
- There are two ways to reset your password before entering the SAP Support Portal. Click the Forgot Password link in the upper right hand of the Service Marketplace landing page or follow this link: http://service.sap.com/reset-pw
In Option one above, if your email address is tied to multiple S user ID’s you won’t be able to reset your password on the site. Contact the Customer Interaction Center.
In Option two above, you need to know your customer or installation number. If your companies email domain (ex. @sap.com) is not associated to your customer number, you won’t be able to reset your password before entering the SAP Support Portal. Contact the Customer Interaction Center.
Some Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
How do I request an S user ID to access the SAP Support Portal?
There are two ways to request an S user ID.
- If you know who your company’s super administrator is, you can contact them to request they create an ID for you.
- If you don’t know who your companies super administrator is, you can register for an S user ID by clicking the Registration link in the upper right hand of the Service Marketplace landing page or follow this link: http://service.sap.com/request-user
Important note: In order to request an S user ID via the Registration link, you must know your customer number. If you don’t know your customer number, contact the Customer Interaction Center
I can’t login with my user ID and password to the SAP Support Portal. Who can help?
If you are unable to access the SAP Support Portal with your user ID and password, please contact the Customer Interaction Center. They can assist with resetting your password, and checking to see if your account accidentally was locked.
How can I find out more about the various areas in the SAP Support Portal?
You can start out at our support welcome page: http://service.sap.com/support-welcome
If you are a new user, or would like additional assistance navigating the SAP Support Portal, access http://service.sap.com/portaldemo with your User ID and password to register for a personalized demonstration
Are there any quick links to access certain areas in the SAP Support Portal directly, such as downloads, license keys, etc.?
Yes, on the landing page of SAP Service Marketplace under the link to the SAP Support Portal, there is a list of the most popular areas within the SAP Support Portal
Who is the Customer Interaction Center?
The Customer Interaction Center, also known as CIC, is a key part of SAP’s support infrastructure. They are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, and are the central point of contact for assistance with non-technical queries such as:
- Resetting S- user ID passwords
- Registering email domains
- Finding the super-adminstrator for your company
- Speeding up messages
- Escalating messages
You can find out more about the Customer Interaction Center through this brochure, Getting the Most from your Support
I hope you found this beneficial. Stay tuned for Part 2 in the series.
Do you have any questions on the SAP Support Portal that you would like answered? Please post a comment below. Don’t forget to follow my team on twitter @SAPSupportCE where we are always available to help answer your questions.