Experiencing SAPPHIRE NOW Via Social Media: The Who, What, Where and When
We are now only a few short weeks away from the start of SAPPHIRE NOW and ASUG Annual Conference, which takes place this year between May 14th and 16th in Orlando, FL. Last year, I had the pleasure of acting as one of the Social Media Ambassadors (you can read about my favorite moments here) however this year I will be experiencing the event virtually and monitoring the social media activity.
Last year the SAPPHIRE NOW audience (physical and virtual) was extremely active as over 20,000 tweets were sent out related to the event. This year we are expecting the social media buzz to be even greater as the pre-event conversations are gaining momentum as we focus on engaging with our audience.
Below is a look at the top 100 Tweeters based on the number of SAPPHIRE NOW tweets they have sent out.
Top 5 Most Active Non-SAP Participants on Twitter
As mentioned above, we have been focusing on engagement and as a result 87% of all SAPPHIRE NOW social mentions have come from non-SAP employees or accounts. Below is a look at the top 5 most active non-SAP participants. If it were not for individuals like this our events would lack a true sense of community.
- Tridip Chakraborthy (@tridipchakra) – SAP Mentor and subject matter expert in the SAP Procurement and Supplier Relationship space.
- Mico Yuk (@MicoYuk) – SAP Mentor, Founder of EverythingXcelsius.com and Business Intelligence Thought Leader.
- Tammy Powlas (@tpowlas)- SAP Mentor, ASUG volunteer and project management professional.
- Martin Gillet (@mgillet) – SAP Mentor and freelance SAP HCM consultant and trainer.
- Jarret Pazahanikc (@SAP_Jarret) – SAP Mentor, SAP HCM consultant and SCN moderator and blogger.
In addition, below is a look at some of the other individuals worth following and the hashtags that you should know.
SAPPHIRE NOW Social Media Ambassadors
For those unable to attend the event live, these individuals will be your eyes and ears; providing updates on their specific topic areas.
- Erin McGee (SAP Brand) – @SAP
- Maria Squicciarini (SAP Partner Advocate)- @SAPPartnerEdge
- Eric Lai (SAP Mobility)- @ericylai
- Neetin Datar (SAP Run Better) – @neetin_datar
- Paul Clark (SAP Analytics) – @tawoo
- Carolyn Brock (SAP Cloud) – @SAPcloud
- Dorothea Sieber (SAP Database & Technology) – @D_Sieber
- Sylvia Santelli (SAP RDS & Services)- @SAPservices
- Paula Araneo (SAP Latin America) – @SAPLatinAmerica
Also don’t forgot to follow @SAPPHIRENOW and @ASUG365 on Twitter, “like” SAPPHIRE NOW and ASUG 365 on Facebook and subscribe to the SAPPHIRE NOW blog. As an added bonus, mark your calendar for a special SAPPHIRE NOW Tweet Chat featuring SAP CIO, Oliver Bussmann on May 16th at 1pm EST – use the hashtag #SAPChat to ask question or make a comment.
Top SAPPHIRE NOW and ASUG Hashtags to Follow
Below is a look at the most common hashtags that will be associated with this event (all tweets should contain #SAPPHIRENOW).
#SAPPHIRENOW – the official event hashtag, stay up to date with the latest news from SAPPHIRE NOW and connect with others.
#SAP – the official brand hashtag, stay up to date with all the latest news from SAP.
#Mobile – follow the conversations surrounding the SAP Mobility Campus and any related announcements.
#RunBetter – follow the conversations surrounding the SAP Run Better Campus and any related announcements.
#Analytics – follow the conversations surrounding the SAP Analytics Campus and any related announcements.
#Cloud – follow the conversations surrounding the SAP Cloud Campus and any related announcements.
#Database – follow the conversations surrounding the SAP Database & Technology Campus and any related announcements.
#SAPServices – follow the conversations surrounding SAP Services and any related announcements.
#SAPChat – the official SAP Tweet Chat hashtag, join us May 16th at 1pm EST for a live conversation with SAP CIO, Oliver Bussmann.
#ASUG2012 or #ASUG – follow the conversations surrounding ASUG and any related announcements.
Top SAP and ASUG Executives to Follow on Twitter
SAP’s commitment to social media is felt throughout the entire organization and it all begins at the top, below is a list of the executives you should follow.
- Jonathan Becher (@jbecher) – SAP’s Chief Marketing Officer and one of the top 100 social CMO’s on Twitter.
- Oliver Bussmann (@sapcio) – SAP’s Chief Information Officer and the top social CIO in the Fortune 250.
- Vishal Sikka (@vsikka) – SAP’s Head of Technology and Innovation and the lead engineer behind HANA.
- Bridgette Chambers (@BChambersASUG) – CEO for the Americas’ SAP Users’ Group (ASUG).
Finally, if you are unable to attend live I would encourage you to register for the virtual event so that you do not miss out on any of the news and content.
This is an exciting time to be working for or with SAP and I can’t wait to connect with you online. If you haven’t already, check out this video featuring the new SAP “Run Like Never Before” ad campaign.
SAP “Run Like Never Before”