Portal pages and iViews placed in the navigation can be indexed and appear in the search results with their full PCD URL (e.g. /irj/portal?NavigationTarget=ROLES://…). These URLs are not very user friendly.
If an object has a QuickLink property, why not use it in the navigation path shown for this object in the search results?
This feature has been developed as part of the Customer Connection Program and is available for NetWeaver Enterprise Portal 7.3 SP8 and NetWeaver Enterprise Portal 7.31 SP4.
Now when you search you’ll see nicer URLs as the navigation targets shown at the bottom of the page.
To enable the feature perform the following steps:
- In the NWA, under “Application Modules” locate the “com.sap.portal.index.provider”
- Choose SpiderIndexingService and set the property “enableQuickLinkInSearchResults” to “true”
- Save and restart the service
- Reindex the Portal (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/fd/facb8487004a968da6a4b4f2ed9106/frameset.htm)
- To turn the feature off, if you’d like, set the “enableQuickLinkInSearchResults” to “false” and perform steps 3-4 again.
Related note: 1693141
Have a feature you’d like to add to Enterprise Portal? Place it in the ideas place.