2012 SAP Academic Conference
The Majdi Najm Outstanding Service Award is given annually to an individual or individuals who have provided outstanding service to the SAP University Alliances program. This year, the SAP University Alliances team in North America recognizes Dr. Ray Boykin of California State University, Chico for his contributions to the program.
The award was established to honor the memory of Dr. Majdi Najm, former Director of the Hosting center at the University of Missouri Rolla (now the Missouri University of Science and Technology), who passed away in 2004. It recognizes those who have advanced, and continue to advance the use of SAP in the classroom. The winners are notable for their collaboration with faculty members from other SAP University Alliances campuses. Since the inception of this award, the honorees chosen have demonstrated a history of leadership in the program, development of curriculum content, mentoring of other faculty, and promotion of the SAP University Alliances program both on and off their home campus.
The recipient is chosen by past recipients of the award, along with the SAP University Alliances North America team, from candidates nominated by colleagues across the program. The criteria include the following, a nominee must:
- Be a full-time faculty/staff member at a US or Canadian active member school, but not a director or staff member at one of the University Competence Centers,
- Use and/or support the use of SAP products in the classroom,
- Be recognized for collaboration with other member schools,
- Have had positive results from the collaboration efforts in the SAP University Alliances Community,
- Have a history of being an active member through presentations, workshops and/or breakout leadership, and
- Have a history of sharing curriculum materials and mentoring others.
Ray Boykin has demonstrated outstanding service to our community and still teaches numerous classes using SAP products. He has taught over 20 workshops, hosted break-out sessions and webinars, written text books, and works with numerous SAP customers and partners in his region. His most notable achievement was his participation in the establishment of the first University Competence Center at California State University, Chico. He continues to assist new members and is always eager to share his positive experiences with other member schools.
We are pleased to award Ray this award and are grateful for his support and commitment to our program.