Lets find some enhancements
Search enhancements for a specific transaction
Couple of weeks ago I came across a code snippet to find User Exits for a specific transaction, this looked like a very usefull tool so I searched if there might be some other versions available. After I searched around Google a while, i found multiple versions scattered on forums and wiki pages which show a list of User Exits ( or BADIs too ) but I was unable to find the original author.
Now my first projects were all heavily Z and tools like this can come in handy. I was thinking that it would be great to have more information available in this report, for example: is the User Exit implemented, is it activated and under which project is it implemented!
So I got started …
I looked at the original and started a fresh report following the same buildup and getting to know where the information is located. In the meanwhile I had some ‘fun’ debug sessions of standard SAP transactions to find out more information and I reused this logic or created new logic for the report.
At the moment it displays the following extra information:
– Enhancements and its components (User Exits) ( as found in SMOD ) with all the descriptions.
– For each User Exit we can see if it is implemented ( under which project ) and if it is activated
– BADIs and in which projects these BADIs have been implemented and their status of it. (SE18 SE19)
– Enhancement Spots (SE18) (I have not been able to find where they store/link the information of the implementations)
I’m a junior NetWeaver developer and I’m learning a lot from the community. This is my first real blog post attempt to give something back.
With this blog post I’m also trying to get some opinions about the use of this report and how it could be improved ( features, information, selection possibilities).
Now at the bottom of this page you can find the report source code link. I’ve added it on Code Exchange to centralize the development instead of people adapting it and scattering it across the internet.
Possible future actions
– Decide on the further approach of the report, divide or keep everything in 1 output table
– Display option for ALV OM and List
– Enhancement spot implementations
– More specific select options: such as search by Development class
SAP provides a report ‘SNIF’ which gives an overview of the active Customer Enhancements (caution: heavy load depending on what you select)
ABAP X-Ray Eye
Andrea Olivieri created the ‘son’ of SAP’s SNIF report, it uses the same architecture but extends the search to the following types of exit:
– Include USEREXITS
– Exit for VALIDATIONS
– Exit for SUBSTITUTIONS
– Screen Exits
– Menu Exits
– Changed keywords
The ECC version extends the search to enhancement implementation:
– SOURCE CODE Enhancements
– FUNCTION Enhancements
– CLASS Enhancements
– BAdI Enhancements
Pete Atkin’s version
Enhancement Finder source code
You can find a plain txt file or a slinkee on the project site at Code Exchange: Enhancement Finder.