Since in the past couple of weeks I saw many threads and questions regarding the process of allowing anonymous users to view WPC content in NW7.3 Portal, I decided to write a blog post (my very first one 🙂 ).
Hope this post will help you:
Allowing anonymous users to view WPC content in NW7.3 Portal
1. Add the “authentication scheme” property to the WPC design time page template in System Admin -> Content Model management -> Property Classification.
1.a – Locate the “authentication scheme” property.
1.b – Move the “authentication scheme” property, remember to save.
2. Change the “authentication scheme” property on the runtime toolbar iView to “anonymous”:
Portal Content -> Content Provided by SAP -> Admin Interfaces -> Admin iView Templates -> Portal Editors -> WPC -> Runtime Toolbar.
* While changing the “authentication scheme” property on the runtime toolbar iView, remember to save.
3. Change the “authentication scheme” property for the page you want to expose to anonymous users, it is located in “Advanced Properties”.
4. Set “Read” + “End User” permissions for “Anonymous Users” group in the “Authoring permissions” of the area that is connected to the portal role which is visible to anonymous users.
* Make sure the permissions were saved successfully.
5. While “Area Management” tab is closed navigate to the portal role that the area is connected to and make sure that the page and all of his children has the property “authentication scheme” on “anonymous”.
And that’s it, you’re done.
Here are the results:
I Hope this Guide helped you.
ℹ I would like to Thank Alex Shapilov and Nadav Nuri from the EP-IMS group .