Join us for Webinar Series on “Roadmap to the Cloud: From Virtualization to your Optimal Cloud Solution”
Hello Public Sector customers and colleagues:
As follow-on to the Tech America US Cloud Commission for State-Local Government cloud computing roadmap and Cloud Community Portal to expand collaboration and idea exchange with government and industry, SAP is pleased to invite you to attend a series of 3-5 free knowledge webinars entitled:
“Roadmap to the Cloud: From Virtualization to your Optimal Cloud Solution.”
The first recorded session on 24 April covering Fundamentals of Virtualization to “get Cloud-Ready” received rave reviews.
Recording is also available for the second session on 22 May: Case Study Bonanza for virtualizing government applications: 911, Open Data for transparent government, GIS for economic development.
There was great dialogue with collaboration around the Cook County, IL Open Data initiative — first in US to combine city-county-state Data Portal, as well as how virtualization led to successful economic gardening for new jobs in Pueblo County, CO.
The third session from 19 June is being rescheduled to late summer. Details to follow.
From Virtualization to Cloud: Basics and benefits of cloud deployment models and service types
The series of 3-5 sessions is designed to introduce and build on key principles of virtualization and cloud. We will also explore actual case studies of how virtualization and cloud are transforming government – from SLG pioneers.
Sessions will be delivered by technical experts from SAP, VMware and others as needed. Participants include city-county and state IT professionals, including members of the Public Technology Institute and NASCIO.
Knowledge Webinar Series
1. 24 April: Fundamentals of Virtualization to “get Cloud-Ready”: what is virtualization and where do I start?
2. 22 May: Case Study Bonanza for virtualizing government applications: email, GIS, 911, enterprise apps, and more.
3. TBD: From Virtualization to Cloud: Basics and benefits of cloud deployment models and service types
4. TBD (optional): Specialty Uses for Virtualization and Cloud: Disaster Recovery and High Availability
5. TBD (optional): Delivering Shared Services in Community and Hybrid Clouds: best models within and between governments
Other session dates will be confirmed as we progress.
For more information, contact Jacqueline Vanacek / SAP Cloud Evangelist and SLG—CC Business Impact Chair.
We look forward to your active participation — and welcome to the cloud!