This document explains the procedure for implementing Release workflow for Treasury & Risk Management (TRM) financial transactions. Functional customization and workflow configuration for standard WF template along with standard agent determination rule is explained here. Financial transaction for product type 51A (Fixed term deposit) and transaction type 100 (investment) is used an example for explaining the process.
Introduction & Overview
This document explains the use of multi level release strategy for TRM financial transactions. TRM product type 51A (Fixed Term deposit) and transaction type 100 (Investment) is used as an example to explain the workflow release scenario.
In a normal scenario, where workflow is not activated, the user records the Financial transaction through Transaction Code TM01 (Create Fixed Term Deposit). The person who is responsible for checking the document validates it and settle the document created through Transaction Code TM06(Settle Fixed term deposit).
Once the release procedure is activated, pre-condition to settle the document is the release of document, i.e., completion of workflow tasks. Release procedure can be activated for the combination of Company code, Product type and transaction type.
Approval Path for Release workflow
Approval path for the release workflow is identified using the HCM Object – Position.
- First level approval will be done by the person associated with position “TRM Executive”
- Second level approval will be done by the person associated with position “TRM Manager”
- Third level approval will be done by the person associated with position “TRM Director”
IMG Configuration for Activating Workflow
Go to IMG node SAP customizing Implementation Guide -> Financial Supply Chain Management -> Treasury and Risk Management -> Transaction Manager -> General Settings -> Transaction Management -> Release.
Define Release Procedure
Select the IMG Option “Define Release Procedure” inside the above path
This step is used to define the product types (such as money market, securities etc) for which the release workflow should be activated. Here the combination of Company code, Product type, and transaction type needs to be maintained. In addition to this the conditions for activating the release workflow also needs to be maintained. Conditions include the level of Release required, activity and activity category for triggering the workflow, behavior of transaction processing. Below screen snapshots explains these in details.
- Specify the company code
- Specify product type, Transaction type and release procedure required(Y/N)
- Product type : 51A (Fixed Term Deposit)
- Transaction Type : 100 (Investment
- Release Procedure : True (yes)
- Click on Release conditions option to set “Release Conditions”. In Release conditions specify the following
- Activity Category: Specifies the transaction activity category
- Activity: Specifies the applicable actions associated with activity category.
- Release required Indicator: If it is set to true, release necessary for subsequent activity.
- Release Steps: Specify the number of release steps required. Possible Values: 1 step, 2 steps, 3 steps
- Trans. Process: Define the transaction behavior when workflow is activated.
1 – Further processing of document is not allowed till transaction has been released
2 – Further processing of document allowed, will reset old workflow & will start new workflow
3 – Further processing of document allowed, old workflow remains same & will start new workflow.
Adjust / Copy Workflow Template
This option is used to configure the Workflow templates. Standard customizing setting for workflow (Transaction code SWU3) should be completed before proceeding with this step. Standard workflow template WS 20000139 (TRTMTR_DL_RL) and workflow sub-template WS 20000138 (TRTMTR_NO_CH) is used in this article. Customized workflow templates can be created by copying these templates using transaction for PFTC. Activities included in this step are
Define Standard Role
Standard role 20000034 (TRTMTR_DEAL) is used for agent determination of workflow.
- Click on “Change” button to create responsibilities for the role 20000034 and the screen will look like
- Click on “New” button to create responsibility for Release level 1
- Select object “Position” add the position “TRM Executive” as the agent (Position mentioned here should be available in HCM master data)
- Repeat Step No 1 – 6 to create responsibility for Release level 2
- Repeat Step No 1 – 6 to create responsibility for Release level 3
- Final responsibility matrix for the rule will be displayed as
Transaction Release: Adjust Workflow
In this example standard workflow template WS20000139 & sub-workflow template WS20000138 is being used. If any customization is needed in these templates, the same need to be copied.
Even if the standard templates are used, the triggering event “TO_BE_APPROVED” of Business object BUS2042 need to be activated in the workflow template WS20000139.
This can be done by following the IMG node or through the transaction code SWETYPV
Step using transaction code : SWETYPV
- Select transaction code SWETYPV
- Select the check-box “Linkage activated” and save the data
Step using transaction code : IMG node / Transaction code : PFTC
- Click on the tab “Triggering Events”
- Save Workflow Task.
User id / Employee number / Position maintained in HCM
Maintenance of employee id, Position assignment, SAP user-id through HCM transaction code PA30 mentioned below. In the below snapshots, maintenance related to first level user (TRM Executive) is explained. Similar steps to be followed for other users also.
- Transaction code : PA30
- Info-type : 0001 – Organizational assignment
- Info-type : 0105, Sub type : 0001, Communications – SAP user ID