I had been following SAP’s UI Strategy and was eager to get my hand on Business Client from the day v 1.0 was released,
I just had opportunity to see the Netweaver Business Client in Action and can’t stop praising it. 🙂
During many implementations of Netweaver Portal, End Users always asked the following Questions.
- Can I rearrange the menu using Drag and Drop ?
- Can I search the required menu entry by typing some of its letters?
- Can i get a enhanced Look and Feel ?
- Can i switch off Menus for Time Being and get them back when required?
and many more such questions……….
Well, the presentations on sap depicted that Business Client does offer this and much more functionality.
so wen ahead and tried the NWBC V 3.0.
Once the installation/Configuration was done and I hit the First Screen the only Reaction from me and my colleague was Wooooooooow 🙂
What we saw was
- Signature UI Experience
- Drag and Drop
- Selective Exposing of Menus
- Rearranging of Menus
- Icons for Menus (we can also change the Icons if we don like them 🙂 )
- Searching for Menu entries lost in the Navigation Hierarchy
- Integrated Desktop Search !
- Navigation to web address from right there.
- Window Manager for managing Multiple windows..
- Backend SAP NetWeaver7.02 SP03
- SAP GUI 7.10 with at least Patch Level 15 or SAP GUI 7.20 with at least Patch Level 2
- Microsoft .Net 3.0 at a minimum, highly recommended Microsoft .Net 3.5 SP1
That’s it for now.
Lot of material is available on sdn and i thankful to sdn for this.
Enjoy NWBC !
your thoughts and comments are welcome.