Creation of Custom Mobile Application with ITS mobile using ABAP
Today I just started my first blog in SDN. Why I have started blogging because I am passionate about SAP and being ABAPer Iam constant learner who wants to contribute and share what I’ve learnt.
Presently Iam working on SAP ITS mobile technology in SAP. In this blog I would like to cover how to create mobile web browser applications with ITS mobile.
This blog categorized in to following
- Configuration steps
- Test result
ITS mobile is used to make executable in the browser of mobile devices. It is mainly used to access SAP applications from mobile devices like handheld bar code devices or vehicle mounting devices etc.
ITS mobile is an application using the Internet Transaction Server (ITS).
a) Generating an Internet Service and Templates.
b) Create an ICF service.
c) Test ICF service.
Now we will see in details ..
A) Generating an Internet Service and Templates
First we need to generate the corresponding internet service and relevant template.
- Goto SE80, select the package in which you want to create the internet service and create the internet service as below
2. Enter a service name and transaction code that is to be linked to the service.
3. Create a transaction code by creating module program with required fields using SE80.
Once saves a theme 99 folder is created for the service at the same time as the service.
4. Enter parameter ~TRANSACTION as your transaction code.
5. In SE80, select all the screens in your program for which you want to create a template , and choose Template from context menu
6. Enter name of the previously created service and a theme (99) and selection Mobile Devices as the generation style
Now we have now see generated an ITS template for every selected screen.
7. Now we need to publish the service as below
Publish by pressing service file first
Publish by pressing complete service.
Once published , we can see the success message saying ‘Object published successfully. Site: INTERNAL.
This completes the generation of the service and the templates. So that you can call your service using the browser. Now we need to create an ICF service that links previously created internet service with an HTTP access path.
B) Create an ICF Service
1. First we need to test and generate default ICF services like itsmobile00 and itsmobile01 are active and executable in SICF transaction.
2. In SICF , create a new service by clicking new sub element.
3. Give a service name as ZDEMO and make type of service node as Independent service.
4. Keep the GUI Link as ‘Y’ (YES)
5. Press GUI configuration tab as shown in below.
7. On the Handler List tab page , enter ITS handler CL_HTTP_EXT_ITS.
7. Activate the service . Note activate with sub
C) Test results
Test the ICF service.
1. Test the service using SE80 , the browser should start with your service.
Provide the user id and password.
The browser having our custom screen developed in ABAP has been generated.
Test is completed.
Now we have successfully created an ICF service that links the Internet service ( Which created in Step A ) with an HTTP access path.
Now we can call our Internet service using the browser of the mobile device.
That HTML templates generated with Steps A and B are based on two standard services delivered by SAP (ITSMOBILE and ITSGENMOBILE).
If the templates generated by the standard services do not fulfill your requirements, you can adjust them.