How do you find out information that will impact your SAP Support experience?
I recently attended and presented at a couple ASUG chapter meetings. What a great experience! I love talking with our customers and hearing from them first hand about their support experiences with SAP.
The New England chapter meeting topic I presented was a general introduction to the SAP Support Customer Experience team, focusing on what we do, what we have done, what the future has in store, and how customers can get engaged. I also touched on the Remote Supportability piece for BusinessObjects customers, and provided a quick overview of the tools and services offered through Remote Supportability. For more information specific to Remote Support Component, read Greg Myers blog.
The Dallas/Fort Worth Texas chapter meeting topic focused on some helpful tips and tricks in navigating through the SAP Support Portal. By the way, the venue was AMAZING!
Even though these two meetings had different focuses, the themes were the same: Educating and sharing information on SAP Support, and explaining how customers can get involved.
There was a lot of great feedback I received from the customers who attended these meetings. It is always wonderful to meet in person. I find connecting face to face is a great opportunity to not only HEAR from our customers, but SEE their enthusiasm, reactions, and build a personal connection.
Here are some of the specific pieces of feedback I heard in these meetings:
- Customers were happy to hear about improvements to user interface (SAP Support Portal)
- LOVE the notifications for support packs/fixes (BusinessObjects specific content)
- Stop the ping pong of messages
- Component changes
- Back and forth via message text vs. phone call
- LOVE to hear from engineers via phone (customers stated that this has improved)
- Take the time to READ my message
- Customers log message sometimes as last option
- Customers search for solution and attach files to show steps taken to reconstruct issue, but this is at times overlooked by support
- Customers were happy to hear how they can get involved with the SAP Support Customer Experience team and help shape the future of SAP Support
Again, great to get this information first hand and be able to share it back with our support organization. Yes, we do share!
One thing I did note during both of these sessions was that not a lot of people knew about some of the support improvements that have been made (user interface updates on SAP Support Portal, notifications for BusinessObjects customers), how they can get in touch with support/escalate a message (CIC contact information), or that the SAP Support Customer Experience team even existed. Which leads me to ask the question, are we communicating SAP support related information effectively? How do you hear about support updates? What type of support related information is important to you? What suggestions can you make to help us get more visibility to our customers who use SAP support? I would love to hear from you, so please share your thoughts!