Business Breakthrough University(BBU) is the first online university in Japan.The president of BBU is Ohmae Kenich, who is one of the famous business consultant in Japan. BBU was established in 2010 and has positioned the faculty of Business Breakthrough Graduate School which students can acquire MBA through remote education for the first time in Japan, to train world class talents.
BBU consists of two departments namely Global Management and IT Solution. These departments develop students who have basic skills in management and IT, problem solving abilities, English language proficiency and global leaderships qualities.
BBU decided to use SAP ERP system as learning tool to train third year students from June 2012, and will be starting a course of the lecture “ERP system and business process” for performing efficient business management which utilized business information.
SAP Japan supports BBU through SAP University Alliances Program. BBU joined SAP University Alliances Program and will receive offer of software, latest relevant information and networking opportunities with other universities all over the world.
BBU will be using the hosting services provided by our University Competence Centre (UCC) at Queensland University of Technology (QUT) and they will be able to have hands-on experience using SAP systems.
Other articles (Japanese language)
1. Press Release by SAP Japan
2. Business Breakthrough University
3. Business Breakthrough University starts the Business management Class utilizing SAP ERP in June (Online article by ITPro)
ビジネス・ブレークスルー大学、独SAPのERPを活用した経営管理講座を6月スタート – ニュース：ITpro
4. Business Breakthrough University starts the Business management Class utilizing SAP ERP in June (Online article by BPnet)
ビジネス・ブレークスルー大学、独SAPのERPを活用した経営管理講座を6月スタート| nikkei BPnet 〈日経BPネット〉
5. Business Breakthrough University decided to adopt SAP ERP system as their learning tool (Online article by IT Media)
ビジネス・ブレークスルー大学、SAP ERPを教材として採用 – ITmedia エンタープライズ
6. Business Breakthrough University adopts SAP ERP system to learn business management (Newspaper article by Nihon jyoho sangyo shimbun)
Please see attachment for more information.